Seeking a reconnection with a fellow pipe smoker.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrSmoker

Reaction score
I was a member of this forum around 2009-10. I had a different user name then, but it was specific to an area I no longer live in. I don’t recall which board I considered my “home” board. It might have been this one. The name sounds right.

Anyway, at the time, I lived in Portsmouth, VA, and actually met up in person once with a very nice veteran pipe smoker who helped this newbie a little bit. He was probably in his late 50s, early 60s at the youngest then. So he may or may not still be with us.

I can’t remember his screen name or his real name. I remember that he smoked a Peterson System pipe, and he shared with me a couple of bowls from his stash of SG Black XX. Or maybe it was the GH version.

The only other thing I can recall is that he also lived in the area, Chesapeake, I believe.

Not long after our meeting, my life became very turbulent. I was downsized at work, divorced, and moved to another state in the matter of a few months. Along the way, my pipes fell into disuse.

anyway, I’m back! And I never forgot this gentleman’s kindness and patience.

Does this sound like anyone you know? He’s likely in his 70s at least by now.

He had nearly white hair then. And glasses, and a big, bushy moustache. I’m pretty sure he wore bibbed overalls to our meetup, at Emerson’s in the Greenbrier section of Chesapeake.

Upon further consideration, based upon the location of the meeting, he COULD have lived just across the state line, in NC.

Sounds somewhat like a fellow over at Pipe Smoker’s Den. Check out DGErwin11 at https://pipesmokersdens.com/members/.
1.jpg