• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling Pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever sold pipes to SmokingPipes.com? I want to thin out my collection. Some of the pipes I have I just don't smoke anymore and was wondering if I should send them to SP and see what they would pay me for them.

Blackhorse":huzbhqwt said:
Check out Blue Room Briars.  He’s a long standing member here and will do right by you.
Yes, I've dealt with them in the past. I will probably call Scott and Jesse next week. My thought was that SP being a larger company, maybe I would make out better with them. Then again, maybe not.

I think SP still will give more than a straight buy amount if you take it in “store credit”. So one way you’re working against wholesale, the other way you’re working against retail. Whatever. Good luck.

My experience in dealing estates with sp is that they will sell the pipe for about half the retail value, and offer you about half of what they sell it for in cash or store credit. Of course they will have an investment in the cleaning, sanitizing, and restoration to recoup. And the boyz at Blue Room are a great alternative, not that sp is a poor one necessarily.

Obviously you'd be best off to offer them on the bay, but it might take a while to move them and you'd have to do the refurb yourself, or not. If you can't be bothered then consider one of the above.

Cheers,

RR

I'd try selling on eBay starting with an optimistic BIN to cover the fee's. :shock: