semi-new here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preben

Reaction score
well, i guess it about time i posted. been quiet so far due to forum phobia. I am not a fan of forums, and i also was here a long time ago that had some nasty dudes spouting there arrogance and pompousness around. Not a fan of some of the others out there - but thught maybe i would check BOB out again. one thing i see across the board is that most people have disappeared and a few have died! I have been smoking a pipe since 1968? maybe... always Balkan sobranie black label no.759 and Bengal Slices too the real stuff! I am a huge preben Holm fan and used to have maybe 300 plus high end pipes mostly prevens and also top meerschaums. Now I am down to 2 Prebens and a nice oompaul by ed burak. may get a nice meer from Emin brothers. that's it! no need for more at this time. a few super pipes are wonderful indeed.

I have smoked maybe 75 lbs of gaslight since it came out and am going to try Spark Plug tomorrow.

I am Old and crippled and have a tiny homestead/farm. location - U.S.

Welcome back. Not sure what to make of your introduction but for an old and crippled guy you sure have a lot of fire left in you. I could almost imagine you jabbing your cane in the air as you recalled some of those pompous asses from times past. This energy probably comes from that 75 pounds of Gaslight you've smoked! Anyway, I think I like your energy and passion.

I'm relatively new to the forum (Jan. 2020) and haven't come across any pompousness from fellow members. Most of the guys are here for a casual conversation exchange. If anything, I'm probably the one to push the envelope simply for want of sharing some of the exciting things I've discovered along my journey.

I looked at a few other forums before joining BoB and one thing I noticed about one of the other forums were the snippy moderators who would say stuff like "yeah, yeah, get over it" and close down a thread. Moderators here are very generous as long we remember our manners. Black Horse has a great sense of humor, but don't his jibes literally, it is all in good-natured fun.

Lastly, it seems like you have a lot of experience about pipes, and as somebody that has been more tobacco oriented, I would certainly welcome any wisdom you care to share.

Thank you to all!

i am waiting for 1/4 lb of spark plug to come in so I finally try it. Hope it is as good as people say.

will dedicate the first bowl to you people!

Welcome back! Hopefully you find the site more friendly this time around. Lots of folks faded out alright. I'm guilty of that myself at times.

Jim

Brunello":svak8sxl said:
IHT":svak8sxl said:
Somehow your creepy avatar and the word "welcome" make for a disturbing juxtaposition! :shock:
I used to have an animated gif of the mummy (this pic) where i made his pupils red and he blinked.