Semi Old Tins at my local

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free_byrd15

Reaction score
So for once, I looked over, really looked over the tins at my local. He has some Mac Barren Stuff that is OLD...old packaging, some Petersons with a date stamp of 2004, Davidoff with the old packaging, and some McClellands annivesary, plus some other odd stuff that looks ancient....ie the price stickers are yellow. Anyway, my question is this. Is it worth picking up some of these tins since they have a few years on em?

Tobacco in a tin, rather than a pouch, usually improves with age. Tends to mellow and develop depth, kinda hard to put a finger on, but a good thing. I think virginias age the best, so go for that. McClelland's stuff ages well. In my opinion, Davidoff should stick to cigars, their pipe tobacco & pipes are expensive rubbish.

The majority of my locals McClelland stuff ranges from 2000 to 2006. Is it worth picking up some just because it's basically been cellared for me?

If the blends are ones you like, or suspect you'd like, I'd say go for it. Kinda hard to go wrong. This is assuming that the price is similar to freshly tinned stuff. However, if it is style you don't like, age won't help much: e.g. to me 965 tastes like sweaty gym socks left next to a camp fire, vintage 965 tastes like mellow sweaty socks that have set next to flavorful campfire.

It is some stuff I have tried and liked and some i've wanted to try. What the heck, its worth a try