September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round 2 was 3 packages. Sorry I forgot to take a pic before I open them. The haul from round 2.

Dm9FkfW.jpg

The wife and I are going to go through everything tomorrow night and make a list. There is SO MUCH. it may take us more than one day! You guys are amazing. I'm sorry I haven't been able to post more info, but I have been sooooo busy this weekend. And tomorrow isn't going to be any better.

It looks like someone got what was coming to them :cheers:
Enjoy the haul brother!
Mike.

Now THAT is what I like to see!! Holy strawberries Batman, you're in a jam! Keep your eyes open for stragglers... You never know what may show up at your door once the wreckage has been cleared :geek:

So far, this has been an amazing bombing, folks! Seeing this destruction wrought by your hands makes me swell up with pride. Nothing like it in the world!

Oooooookkkaaaaaaayyyyyy.

We managed to dig through the rubble. I'm so overwhelmed, in more ways than one! Your generosity is such a blessing. I won't have to buy tobacco... maybe ever again. I'm honored to be a part of such a great community, and look forward to being around here for a long time.

Without further adieu, THE DAMAGE REPORT

5 bundles assorted pipe cleaners
1 8Deco bamboo tamper
1 MM Cobb
1 Savinelli straight billiard unfinished series, but custom finished
TINS
3x Sutliff Maple Street
1x Sutliff Barbados Plantation
1x Sutliff Black Swan
1x Sutliff County Cork
1x 2015 McClelland Holiday Spirit
1x Two Friends Celtic Mist
1x Kendal Rum Flake
1x Robert McConnell Glen Piper
1x SG Fire Dance Flake
1x Erinmore mixture
1x Blood Red Moon Cult
1x Hyde Park
1x Tsuge Summer Daydream
1x WO Larsen Selected Blend #80
1x Holger Danske Mango and Vanilla
1x Torben Dansk Blue Note
1x Villager 1888 After Dinner
1x Cup O Joe’s #1
1 pouch Sir Walter Raleigh
BULK
4 oz:
C&D Jamaican Rum
C&D Black Gold Maple
2 oz:
Cousin’s Orientals and VA
1.75 oz
Fourth Generation 1941
1.5 oz
Sutliff Maple Street
1 oz
Stokebye Peaches and Cream
Fort Ancient
Ault Park
McClelland Grey Haven’s
Sleepy Hallow
Mac Baren
Prairie Wind
Blue Note
Mac Baren VA #1
Trout Stream
Mac Baren Scottish Blend
New Minster Summer Round
Thomas’s Blend
Sawyer Point
Frank's Blend
Mountain Mall Mix
Park Lane Paramore
Mac Baren Burley London Blend
Outman Spiced Rum

OTHER BULK LOOSE
Tax Man Cometh
Black Cordial
Capt. Black Midnight Gold
Sutliff Great Outdoors
C&D Autumn Evening
Harvest on Hudson
#7 Mellow Nut
Spring Training
2x Reiner Professional Mixture
Burly and Black
Black Cavendish
Fire Dance Flake
Blue Note
El Nino
Cao Moontrance
Castello Sea Rock
Dan Tobacco Galway
WO Larsen LE 2015
Daily Grind
Peach Tree
Toffee
Ozark Blackberry

I love bombing guys that don't smoke exactly the same stuff as me. I get to see so many blends I don't even know and there's certain no shortage on that list. I do hope you make some comments as you work through that over the next decade!

I got one of those 8deco tampers too which I thought was fairly elegant so I use it exclusively for my meerschaum. A match made in heaven. (I didn't send it, I'm just saying because I used mine yesterday.)

Enjoy it all, Brother!

Yeah! I love those 8deco tampers too, very nifty tamps.

Congrats on the haul and have fun smoking your way out of that mess ;)

We should figure out some standard number of bowls the basic "ounce" gives. Then maybe assign the user X number of bowls per day and ultimately be able to predict the number of days/weeks/years that a specific cache would last.

I once counted 17 bowls (for me) out of a 50 gm tin of Royal Yacht. My math shows that's 11 1/3 bowls per ounce...round down to 10 for a 'standard'. Extending that math can't really be done. I'm a one bowl per day guy any more...maybe two on the weekend...so 10 will last me a week. A guy like, say, Jimlnks as an example typically smokes in the range of thirty to forty...if the "What are you smoking now?" section here is to be believed.  lol But we all know ourselves, we can all figure what 10 bowls means on the calendar.

Anyway, for me again, we're looking at 1 oz per week. So that's 52 ounces per year...or  3 1/4 pounds. In Tins...2 weeks for each Tin...26 Tins a year.

Finally...it should be easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to look at the stash sent to this month's target and come up with a total tobacco weight (TTW). In that way we can come to a keen understanding of just what we've done...as it would relate to each of us.

Anyone want to try and come up with a TTW estimate for his list? Me? A quick count yields about 75 ounces. So for me...that's equivalent to about THREE YEARS WORTH of smoking delight.

Pretty amazing, eh?

Blackhorse":5umy03vh said:
We should figure out some standard number of bowls the basic "ounce" gives. Then maybe assign the user X number of bowls per day and ultimately be able to predict the number of days/weeks/years that a specific cache would last.

I once counted 17 bowls (for me) out of a 50 gm tin of Royal Yacht. My math shows that's 11 1/3 bowls per ounce...round down to 10 for a 'standard'. Extending that math can't really be done. I'm a one bowl per day guy any more...maybe two on the weekend...so 10 will last me a week. A guy like, say, Jimlnks as an example typically smokes in the range of thirty to forty...if the "What are you smoking now?" section here is to be believed.  lol But we all know ourselves, we can all figure what 10 bowls means on the calendar.

Anyway, for me again, we're looking at 1 oz per week. So that's 52 ounces per year...or  3 1/4 pounds. In Tins...2 weeks for each Tin...26 Tins a year.

Finally...it should be easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to look at the stash sent to this month's target and come up with a total tobacco weight (TTW). In that way we can come to a keen understanding of just what we've done...as it would relate to each of us.

Anyone want to try and come up with a TTW estimate for his list? Me? A quick count yields about 75 ounces. So for me...that's equivalent to about THREE YEARS WORTH of smoking delight.

Pretty amazing, eh?
Any who are members of Tobacco Cellar (and keep their list there up to date) have that done for them automatically. I currently have two years 10 months cellared by its estimation. . . .

Blackhorse":tsmi4kkp said:
Pretty much for the purposes of figuring out bowls per unit measure, whatever, I go with three grams per bowl. That gives about 150 bowls from a pound or 3 bowls a day for a month. That three gram number works fairly well for me, although for a couple of days I was weighing pipes before and after loading to check and as you might imagine, it depends on the bowl size. If you are more of a 3/4 in bore billiard smoker, it might be more like 2.5 grams or even 2 as the average.