September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":oz9bcsle said:
We should figure out some standard number of bowls the basic "ounce" gives. Then maybe assign the user X number of bowls per day and ultimately be able to predict the number of days/weeks/years that a specific cache would last.

I once counted 17 bowls (for me) out of a 50 gm tin of Royal Yacht. My math shows that's 11 1/3 bowls per ounce...round down to 10 for a 'standard'. Extending that math can't really be done. I'm a one bowl per day guy any more...maybe two on the weekend...so 10 will last me a week. A guy like, say, Jimlnks as an example typically smokes in the range of thirty to forty...if the "What are you smoking now?" section here is to be believed.  lol But we all know ourselves, we can all figure what 10 bowls means on the calendar.

Anyway, for me again, we're looking at 1 oz per week. So that's 52 ounces per year...or  3 1/4 pounds. In Tins...2 weeks for each Tin...26 Tins a year.

Finally...it should be easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to look at the stash sent to this month's target and come up with a total tobacco weight (TTW). In that way we can come to a keen understanding of just what we've done...as it would relate to each of us.

Anyone want to try and come up with a TTW estimate for his list? Me? A quick count yields about 75 ounces. So for me...that's equivalent to about THREE YEARS WORTH of smoking delight.

Pretty amazing, eh?
A very well thought out analysis of use. I am about 3-4 bowls a week guy, but I plan to be more of a 10-12 a week guy when I retire. As far as my cellar goes, regardless of weight, I am maxed out on space. So aside from an occasional re-up on my favorites, I am done buying. Hopefully what I have on hand pays off. Now I just need to save up for a really nice easy-chair.

Man, you guys are really tuned in. Idk what I smoke but I know it's slower than I've been acquiring it! Although the wife's schedule is changing so I'll have two less afternoons of baby duty. I hope to pick up two extra bowls a week!

juanmedusa":wcxhoi71 said:
Man, you guys are really tuned in. Idk what I smoke but I know it's slower than I've been acquiring it! Although the wife's schedule is changing so I'll have two less afternoons of baby duty. I hope to pick up two extra bowls a week!
Don't get too comfortable, baby duty only becomes kiddo-duty and pretty soon they'll be lecturing you on the dangers of tobacco use. :p

My girls are ages 7 & 10, the magical years. I can't get a word in, let alone a pipe in edge wise.. Thankfully I have been blessed with a fairly easy-going temperament.

Stone the crows! When you see that in a list format that takes some scrolling to get to the bottom it really brings it home.

Great target, great haul, superbly executed!

Pip pip.

DrumsAndBeer":xo58yn2q said:
juanmedusa":xo58yn2q said:
Don't get too comfortable, baby duty only becomes kiddo-duty and pretty soon they'll be lecturing you on the dangers of tobacco use. :p

My girls are ages 7 & 10, the magical years. I can't get a word in, let alone a pipe in edge wise.. Thankfully I have been blessed with a fairly easy-going temperament.
I don't really know what's in store for me then but I will be happy to get through the constant terror of the baby proof years. Elodie is pulling herself up on everything but isn't too steady. She's already smashed her forehead real good one time. :no:

juanmedusa":0g7xgo4j said:
I don't really know what's in store for me then but I will be happy to get through the constant terror of the baby proof years. Elodie is pulling herself up on everything but isn't too steady. She's already smashed her forehead real good one time. :no:
It only gets more fun, especially when the personalities begin to bubble up.

I gotta say though, I miss all the napping. Solid pipe-time right there. 8)

My four year old asked me when he could get his own pipe. I told him I'd get him one when he had a mustache. He went and grabbed the one off mr potato head lol.

On a side note I had a lot of fun with this one bc I don't smoke aromatics very often. I got some when I got bombed and have been trying them here and there in the evenings. Trying to get into a different mindset insofar as tobacco for this was a bit tricky. All I know is l hate cherry haha.

It's not over yet!!!!

AjjuGCd.jpg

A very nice pipe by our own Boulder and Briar. Love the shape, and it's incredibly light weight.

TINS

2 Friends Celtic Mist
Solani Festival
Peterson Sherlock Holmes

BULK

4 oz Trout Steam
1 oz Lane black raspberry
Constant Companion
Castle Kildare (which smells INCREDIBLE)

I'm seriously overwhelmed. You all have made me feel very blessed. Thank you all so very very much.

By my way of thinking, that pipe is perfect. I like to pack my aros somewhat loose and use a taller bowl for a nice leisurely aro smoke. And from one of our resident artisans to boot! You lucky dog.

Blackhorse":5ha3dvle said:
I can hardly wait for this next mission. The Halloween Bombing is one of my total favorites!

OOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!   :affraid:

Pretty spooky, eh?

I'm here all week.
Same here!  And that means it is finally time to break in my Jones Halloween pipe :cheers:   I just need to find a suitably spooky tobacco.

Blackhorse":a6946ify said:
I can hardly wait for this next mission. The Halloween Bombing is one of my total favorites!

OOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!   :affraid:

Pretty spooky, eh?

I'm here all week.
I know! I'm so excited too!

I don't do a good job of adding non tobacco stuff to my bombs or adding themed stuff. I think I've only once sent non tobacco or tobacciana in a bomb that I can remember. Though I thought it was pretty cool. Perhaps this coming month I'll find some inspiration!

We once really encouraged the non-tobacco concept. Especially when we bombed our man in the UK. But the idea of stuff from local mcro breweries (classes, openers, trays, etc.)...local schools or businesses (hats, t- shirts, etc.)... non perishable food items, sauces, sealed jerked or smoked meats, fish, etc. ...low cost gift cards to the target's local places (after careful verification online to be sure they can use it)...all are valid ideas that could result in welcome ordnance. Just a few thoughts. For me, living next to Portland, there are numerous micro coffee roasters and micro brewers so coffee is likely or cool pint beer glasses screened with a great design.