Seven Morta Pipe Smoke Off.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly wish I knew the answer to your question as I agree with what you so state. I give pause when inspecting the pipes I own thinking it's each individuals way of highlighting the grain structure but adding some depth to the rustication, either because they feel it needs it, or for additional cooling. While there are smooth Morta pipes out there, I don't own one, not that I personally think anything it wrong with them, or that the pipe won't smoke well, it's just too dang cold looking to me in a dead sort of way, so realistically I see nothing endearing about a smooth finish on a Morta Pipe. Regards.....
banjo

Idlefellow":l02i7b67 said:
Very informative; thanks for taking the time.  My question concerns the rusticating pattern: it seems in most cases to be a series of fairly evenly spaced lines, and in one or two a cross hatch of lines.  I'm wondering if there is a reason for this, or maybe just tradition, etc?  Thanks...