SF Giants, pennant and fun distractions...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
...I really reintroduced myself to baseball again this year. A tough year, I needed the distraction. Coming from a family of Dodgers fans, I suppose rebellion is Orange and Black. Literally learned about baseball from the living room of one of the few friends I had growing up, who were Giants fan. Dad started being a Giants fan about five years ago, same reason--tough times, needed something to not fixate. The team has been weird, wild, wonderful and memorable. The drama has seen all sides, and I sincerely appreciate it. Might actually try to catch a game next year at AT&T park.

So, naturally, I'm pleased as punch for the World Series coming up, it's going to be a lot of fun to end October this way!

8)

Amazing, down 3-1 against the defending champion Cardinals and then win three straight. I honestly didn't thik they had a chance.

12th time in history a team came from being down 3-1 in a pennant chase to win it.

Puff Daddy":f01zxsar said:
12th time in history a team came from being down 3-1 in a pennant chase to win it.
This. The Giants amazed me time and time again this year, and extending the fun is just great! Sometimes SF just looked like they couldn't figure it out, then suddenly came back like, "...oh, we want to win now." Scutaro getting the MVP was amazing, it's his first World Series, and he's a hell of a guy. SF picked him up for a song compared to how well he's seemed to blossom with this team. Sergio Romo is also a favorite of mine, his story and humbleness are refreshing for professional sports!

8)

Shame Freddy's on injured reserve. When the Pirates traded him that was the last straw, for years.

:cat: :face: :study:

Not the first time the Cardinals have screwed the pooch either.

Funny though - did so well all season and in the playoffs until....
Then all of the sudden - the last 3 games and only 1 run - WTF?

I call BS = some money exchanged hands, someone was paid off, something had to have happened to cause such a drastic change in them so quickly. Once again - WTF?

It just doesn't add up. There has to be more to this happening like it did.

Hell - the Pirates could've done better in the last 3 games... :mrgreen:

:cat: :face:

You just never know though. How on earth did the Pirates beat the Yankees in 1960 ? Nobody paid off Mantle, Berra & Co. on that one. Shit just happens sometimes.

Look at Detroit the last time they got there. Sat around for abount two weeks watching the NL settle their issues, then couldn't do squat after running the AL table in a laugher. I doubt if anybody paid Leyland off.

People are continually trying to predict the future based on the past. But reality rears its ugly head sometimes and exposes them for what they are -- model builders in a world of real stuff they're building models of. The two are NOT the same.

So, the Cardinals lost the NLCS after being a division Wild Card team by the skin of their teeth and some how they took a dive for pay? I like that one. :) I think it had something more to do with burning out their decent pitchers and some good luck on the Giants side. Someone paying/convincing Holliday to bash Scutaro (named the MVP), on an illegal slide to second a few games back? Possibly. The amount of money those guys get to get to the World Series couldn't possibly be less than getting paid to take a fall...and then having none of the info even getting out.

The Cardinals ate sh*t, and I'm not upset about that. The baseball gods spoke.

8)

Might as well have fun with it. After all, it isn't the first time the Cardinals ate $hit and did something like this. Honestly I'm surprised they got as far as the did, I just threw that in there to stir the pot. :lol:

BTW - Go Braves! :cheers:

Yak":qu2o4yb7 said:
People are continually trying to predict the future based on the past. But reality rears its ugly head sometimes and exposes them for what they are -- model builders in a world of real stuff they're building models of. The two are NOT the same.
This quote wins the prize! I wish I could get my signature feature in my Profile to work because I'd use this. :sunny:

All I know is, Sandoval's triple homers last night didn't make the Tigers happy. Detroit's a good team, but if it weren't for the Fox announcers completely baffled by how anyone besides the east coast could possibly have a good sports team, I'd almost think the Giants have a lot on their shoulders to say, "Yeah, we can play ball." We'll see if they can keep it up. Giants 2012 is a very fatiguing story...up and down, up and down...

...Braves? :pale: Ted Turner's boys can KMA. :twisted:

Kyle Weiss":r9pba0z0 said:
The Cardinals ate sh*t, and I'm not upset about that. The baseball gods spoke.
8)
As a Cubs fan, I love everything about this.

I suppose I've pretty well been behind the Giants throughout the postseason...not a fan, necessarily, but they're a lot of fun to watch.

This has been a fantastic season to be a Giants fan. The post season has been torturous, but they have been getting it done.

I enjoy being a fan of the favored high powered team, but I think I enjoy being the fan of the winning underdog more.

gravel":ol13nlal said:
Interesting, eh? Now, just have to lose one in Detroit. Why?

It'd be nice to bring home a game or two to SF. The fans haven't gotten a lot of at-home wins, and that'd be kind of nice.

PS, that out-at-home on Prince Fielder was epic. Posey was good AND got really lucky--take advantage of a piss-poor third base coach call to send him home! :cheers:

8)

Kyle Weiss":qsnga58v said:
gravel":qsnga58v said:
Interesting, eh? Now, just have to lose one in Detroit. Why?

It'd be nice to bring home a game or two to SF. The fans haven't gotten a lot of at-home wins, and that'd be kind of nice.

PS, that out-at-home on Prince Fielder was epic. Posey was good AND got really lucky--take advantage of a piss-poor third base coach call to send him home! :cheers:

8)
And that bunt by Gregor Blanco!

Chbzb.gif

NgJlF.jpg

This one is from 2010, but it carries the same message. Heck yeah Giants!

I'll post what I did on a rare Facebook entry that sums it up for me:

"Well, the SF Giants did their thing. I'm honestly kind of sad baseball is over for 2012, never did I expect to get so attached to a sports team of any kind--that's a first. This year requiring a lot of distractions so I didn't go mad, the Giants were key. Sandoval's World Series performance was fun, Sergio Romo's story and participation are downright inspiring, and I hope Infante (Detroit) recovers quickly after that pitch that broke his hand. Casilla felt terrible--which is why I like SF...they aren't douchebag ball players. They earned 2012. I can't wait for 2013.

Thanks, Giants. :) Fun year."