SG FVF

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy-boy

Reaction score
The same gentleman who Gifted me a tin of McCranies Red Ribbon has gifted me a tin of 10yr old FVF.
I haven't cracked the seal on it yet but if TR is any indication, I may be picking up smoking Virginia's.

What what I've read on aged FVF you've got yourself quite a treasure there!

10 year old FVF?

Yep, good stuff.

I have some that is only 6 months old and love it, and the fellas that smoke aged stuff says it only gets better with time!

Smoking well aged FVF can really spoil you. I find that the flakes really sing between 3-5 yrs..
I don't prefer young FVF anymore :santa: :rendeer:

The FVF, bulk, is ffrom '04 full of crystals and deeeelicious! Ken :tongue: :rendeer:
Pacen en Puffing! :tongue: :santa:

I just picked up 2lbs
at least a pound of it will not see the light of day for at least 5 years.

It's so good when a man sees the light. Got to be one of the world's greatest Va's of all time.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just recieved my first 4 oz of FVF (I'm kicking myself for not getting more since I'm having a tough time finding some now). How do you guys store the stuff? I thought I bought a bail top jar long for it, but I was mistaken.

Andy

p.s.
If i need to make another thread just delete this and pm me.

wolfie03":jr2v7pf1 said:
... How do you guys store the stuff? I thought I bought a bail top jar long for it...
Some will caution you about the 'bail top' with the spring. For me anyway, it doesn't seem to give a good seal.

FVF --- great tobacco

I prefer MVF and better yet, MVF mixed with some FVF...

And there are others to discover. If you haven't, try Best Brown flake and Chocolate Flake... all superb tobaccies IMHO.

Yeah, while I've often smoked FVF, when I'm in the mood for a Virginia flake which is a bit sweeter and less stout than FVF, I turn to Best Brown. earl

When you spot those little crystals, you know you're in for a huge treat!