Share your smoking in nature stories

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
In 40-something years of pipe smoking there have been a few occasions that stand out in my mind as almost mystical experiences. They were always solitary experiences, maybe just on the back deck gazing at the night sky (with Orion's Arrow of course!), or maybe exploring some faraway place in my travels.

Foremost among these would be the time near Idyllwild California (pictured) looking out over the vast expanse of the San Gabriel Wilderness. I had walked a quarter mile from the road and not heard or seen another car for over 45 minutes. There was a stillness so intense that every crunch of my footsteps was a startling explosion of sound. I have never experienced such utter silence where every puff of the pipe was so vivid that you could almost count how many embers were lighting up with each draw. A London-made Comoy Tradition and some Cask No. 2 shared the moment.

I find it therapeutic to remember and cherish these special moments. I hope others will share their stories too.