Shark Fishing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeLeisure

Reaction score
Hello Chaps, I am so excited right now that I just needed to start a thread about it...I will be going on my first shark fishing charter this coming sunday. I will try to take some pictures to post here on the thread.

I lived in the Marshall Islands for about seven years (Kwajalein) in the late seventies to mid eighties and we use to go out in an 18" Boston Whaler fishing for black tips. Make sure you carry a pretty good size fish bat for smaking them upside the head. My shark days were over when we caught one that spun the boat around a couple of times and bent the hook (which looked like a medium size gaff) straight. We would use big chunks of tuna for the bait. We fished them for the jaws. The ones we caught were probably five to six feet in length. It was amazing to catch one with a load of babies. We would cut her open and put them in the water and watch them swim off.

I forgot to update this thread...that shark fishing charter got cancelled because of weather :cry:

PipeLeisure":4svi70ha said:
I forgot to update this thread...that shark fishing charter got cancelled because of weather :cry:

Aww man too bad you missed it. You should definately go next year. A good friend of mine has a very nice Grady White and we go fishing for everything in the ocean, cod, haddock, tuna, shark,....pretty much anything that has gills lol. I'll tell you what, I think shark fishing is my favorite. You run a chum slick for awhile, stop, put your beefiest rods and reels out, then drift and drink beers. Any shark that intersects that slick is gonna follow it right to the boat. Here's a pic of a good sized blue shark that we caught a couple of years ago. We have plenty more but they're all on his cpu...I'll have to get em. Anyways here it is
img00011.jpg
[/url][/img]

In Fort Morgan (pretty close to Rads place) they Shark from the shore...

The Guest Book of the house we stay in has a pic of a guy with a (claimed, I didn't measure it) 12 ft Bull caught about a week before we stayed there.
Thats a BIG Bull.

Mikem":govpje2v said:
My shark days were over when we caught one that spun the boat around a couple of times and bent the hook (which looked like a medium size gaff) straight.
:shock: :shock:

We would ray and shark fish from shore in San Diego, really entertaining form of fishing.

Mikem":7elmcemt said:
My shark days were over when we caught one that spun the boat around a couple of times and bent the hook (which looked like a medium size gaff) straight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gciFoEbOA8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>