Shave of the Day.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says the guy with a rack full of pipes and a closet full of tobacco......

Pipes, tobacco or shaving equipment.....they are all collectables - trying to differentiate between the relative merits of collecting one over the other is just a case of splitting hairs. :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist the pun, it's  my poor attempt at humour, I'm just acting the goat(ee). No need for anyone to get into a lather or start to strop......

Stop me! Stop me!:p

I just flew in from Vegas.....................boy are my arms tired!:lol!:

I'm here all week folks!

Fraternally

Jers

kaiser83":7nxr2mmr said:
I use the Osma shaving soap and the badger brush that came with the set. (It's the first set here- http://thesuperiorshave.com/Shaving_Creams.html )
Today was a boker brown micarta.
I'll try to get a few pics up the the razors I am using now.
How are you finding the Osma soap? I use the same alum stone - and it's a blast, kinda like rubbing your face with lemon juice but very good at reducing irritation or sealing cuts.

BTW really nice shaving set.

Fraternally

Jers

(recently retired comedian..........quote “I went out at the top of my game!")

Jers":gtbziyzc said:
Pipes, tobacco or shaving equipment.....they are all collectables - trying to differentiate between the relative merits of collecting one over the other is just a case of splitting hairs. :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist the pun, it's  my poor attempt at humour, I'm just acting the goat(ee). No need for anyone to get into a lather or start to strop......

Stop me! Stop me!:p

I'm here all week folks!

Fraternally

Jers
No prob's Jer and keep up the puns :twisted:

I dig the Osma. That said though it is the only shaving soap I've ever used so my opinion is about useless. Even brand new though I was able to get good lather up with it.

Jers":ictoxc46 said:
I'm here all week folks!
Fraternally

Jers
Nice first prize for all of us, Jers.

Second prize is two weeks of Jers.

[rimshot]

+1 

I use Taylor's Coconut Shave Cream (bowl) - excellent stuff. Smells good enough to eat!

I'm interested in trying Kaiser's choice - Osma. 

If only I could learn how to wet shave, drink coffee and smoke a pipe at the same time...:scratch:

Fraternally

Jers

All you need is a table pipe for the pipe smoking and an IV for the coffee....problem solved.

Molton Brown Shave Oil, L'Occitane bristle brush with Taylor's Coconut Cream, and a Merkur 34c with a new Feather blade - it's one of the best shaves I can get.
 :cheers::cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Morris & Forndran 30mm Polo in Super Badger with P160 Tipo Morbido, a Bolzano blade in a Razo Rock DE

PozzSka":on4udczr said:
Morris & Forndran 30mm Polo in Super Badger with P160 Tipo Morbido, a Bolzano blade in a Razo Rock DE
Is that a 30mm knot on the brush? Sounds good - I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot of work to get a good lather going....:cheers:

Today's shave - 1965 Gillette Slim Adjustable with an Astra blade, and a rerun of the Molton Brown shave oil and Taylor's Coconut shave cream.

Fraternally

Jers

Jers":nhdanwcl said:
PozzSka":nhdanwcl said:
Is that a 30mm knot on the brush? Sounds good - I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot of work to get a good lather going....:cheers:

Today's shave - 1965 Gillette Slim Adjustable with an Astra blade, and a rerun of the Molton Brown shave oil and Taylor's Coconut shave cream.

Fraternally

Jers
It is a 30mm knot...very large and awesome...no harder to get lather going than any other brush...requires a little more product, but not difficult.

Started using the Proraso red tub, supposed to be a sandalwood smell, this stuff is awesome.

I have finally come over to the DE side of the force... working my way through a variety pack of blades to figure out what works for me.

Today was a BlueBird in a little Gillette with Proraso Green soap.

Lotta alum on the neck and jawline... not the razor's fault, just the learning curve.

I shave with anything I get my hands on, "CHEAP" is the word of the day.
No soap, no lather or foam crap either. For some reason every time I use any of it I cut myself. So just water and razor. Been doing it that way all my shaving life...........when I do shave anyway.

today was herban cowboy soap with my merkur safety razor with a feather blade. yesterday, same combo but in my dovo shavette and with some art of shaving preshave oil. yesterday was four days of beard though. i really really want to get a real straight razor set up going, and some english shaving creams. by the way, the herban cowboy soap is awful. the lather just dissipates on your face after about a minute. you get about four to five strokes and it's gone.