Sherlock Holmes question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't we have a separate section for discussing all things "221b Baker Street" on the previous Bob version? If so, why did it not carry over to the new board?? FTRPLT

Miz Angie says that many of the old threads, including 221B Baker Street, were rolled into the "Round Table" and may be found there. I requested that the subject thread be resurrected into a separate one as before. If I'm oughta' line asking this, overrule me as you will!! FTRPLT

Miz Angie says that many of the old threads, including 221B Baker Street, were rolled into the "Round Table" and may be found there. I requested that the subject thread be resurrected into a separate one as before. If I'm oughta' line asking this, overrule me as you will!! FTRPLT

No, that's a fair and reasonable request. After all the subject matter does fall into that sub-forum.

Cheers,

RR

So, you all would use that forum if I made it reappear and pulled all the threads I could find back into that section? It would have to be used to be brought back. I'll check back for your answers a little later today.

I’d like to see it back too. But what’s this I hear about use requirements? Some threads sit around for long intervals between posts. If there were use frequency requirements on subject headers then I imagine some current categories would be folded into some broader category. Is this a can of worms?

I’d like to see it back too. But what’s this I hear about use requirements? Some threads sit around for long intervals between posts. If there were use frequency requirements on subject headers then I imagine some current categories would be folded into some broader category. Is this a can of worms?
For instance, "Tobacco Cellars..." hasn't had an entry since 2019, but still exists independently! FTRPLT

Gentlemen, I hope to get that Sherlock Homes area up at some time today. It may be later, as I could lose power sometime today due to strong weather going across the SE.

And Sherlock Homes does not seem like a Pipe forum, but a "general chat" type of forum. That was the difference between that and "Tobacco Cellars" as all pipes needs tobacco. I did not do the consolidating, but I will help in this Sherlock Homes forum matter.

Thank you, Miz Angie, for doing this! 221B Baker Street/Sherlock Holmes occupies a special place for us pipe smokers!! It covers pipes & tobaccos plus books & movies; not to mention the various personalities!!!
Perhaps "Related Pursuits" would be a fitting place a "221B Baker Street" subject thread?! FTRPLT

Last edited:
And...as night falls, yet another day in the trenches of the cyber world is put to bed. Grim challenges, efficient application of electronic expertise, a glorious victory achieved and a cold one back at the e club in celebration of another all too slim paycheck having been won.

We don’t always go whining to tech to bail us out...but when we do, we want Angie to have our backs. AFB5A92D-8D1C-4263-9F06-9966C6AC5E1B.jpeg

I have recreated 221 Baker St, and am finding threads to put back in it. Feel free to start using it. I am using 221B Baker St. To help me find the names of the threads to search, find and put back in that forum.

Another trick to finding threads would be to use the names of actors related to the various productions: Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce, Jeremy Brett. Also the tobaccos that were featured to the stories: Black Shag.

Also titles of various Holmes stories written by Doyle:

1. A Study in Scarlet

2. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

3. The Sign of Four

4. The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes

5. The Valley of Fear

6. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

7. The Return of Sherlock Holmes

8. His Last Bow

9. The Hound of the Baskervilles

If anyone wants to search for more threads, and post the link here, I'll get them moved either later tonight or tomorrow. I think I have enough in to start for now.

Miz Angie, Thank you for your indulgence and efforts!! Most kind of you fix this for us!! One question...May the thread name be "221B Baker Street" as that is Mr. Holmes address!!!!! FTRPLT