She's back on the road !!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
I bought this scooter new back in '68 before i went to 'Nam and road it till 10 years ago. Five years ago I began to re-build it totaly and last week i got it back from the paint shop and finished all the last bits and we went for it's first trip in a decade!! It was good !! :twisted: :twisted:  Gonna do some touring around this next year on it!! Once a scooter rider, ALWAYS a scooter rider !! This pic is from when I rode it up to a national BMW Riders Rally at Hershey, Pa about 15 years ago !! Its a 1968 R50 in Dover White. i've put probably 100k on it since I bought it and it's ready for another 100k, hope I am  :twisted: :twisted:

Wow! That's a really nice machine. I wish I had my first bike. I flipped mine though and it ended up in a junk yard.

Simple Man":usy83pfr said:
Wow! That's a really nice machine. I wish I had my first bike. I flipped mine though and it ended up in a junk yard.
My first scooter was a 1958 Trumpet, a Triumph T-20 Tiger Cub that i got in '62 like this one. Rode the hell out of it and traded it in on the beemer back in '68.

Nice. Wish I had kept some pics of my bikes. Had a '71 BSA 650 twin that was a lot of fun to ride. Once I got the electrics waterproofed.

Carlos":el8ybgel said:
Nice.  Wish I had kept some pics of my bikes.  Had a '71 BSA 650 twin that was a lot of fun to ride.  Once I got the electrics waterproofed.
AaaaaH "Lucas, prince of Darkness" electrics !! I ended up replacing ALL the electrics on my Trumprt so that it would run !! got rid of the puny battery and went with a Morris Mag and just kick or bump started it !! Hell. I was in my 20's !! :twisted: :twisted: The Beemer was a quantum leap engineering and product wise !! :twisted: :twisted:

That's a real sweet ride sir, glad your still able to enjoy it.

That's a cool looking bike Michael. You should ride it to Sturgis this coming year. Just watch out for those Biker chicks. Don't let your hormones write checks your body can't cash. :twisted: :twisted: :)

AJ

Damn sweet ride Michael. I rode for 15+ years and toured all over the US of A. Kinda miss it but it's all past history now. Hope you go on to enjoy many more years in the saddle.

Cheers,

RR

That's a really cool bike.

My friend has one that very similar with hard cases mounted on the back. I think his is an R50/2?

DrumsAndBeer":uw2y66nw said:
That's a really cool bike.

My friend has one that very similar with hard cases mounted on the back. I think his is an R50/2?
The slash 2 (/2) models came out in 1960. They and mine came with sidecar mounting lugs and a frame designed to mount and handle sidecars. The later slash models had a two piece frame and no sidecar mounts and were not advised by the factory to mount hacks. They were NOT fast off the line what with a 26hp engine !! But TONS of torque !! :twisted: :twisted:

I had a '62 R69S that I loved dearly and rode out west. I put a sidecar on it in the 80's.

If you were attending BBW RA and MOA events between 1985 and 2000, we have probably crossed paths...

Fr_Tom":lqnp4pxc said:
I had a '62 R69S that I loved dearly and rode out west. I put a sidecar on it in the 80's.

If you were attending BBW RA and MOA events between 1985 and 2000, we have probably crossed paths...
I was a member of the RA btwn '80 to '86 and went to two National rallys. I also had a '64 Sportster and rode it to Sturgis twice back then. I mostly rode solo touring around by myself or one or two oher buds back then. I also rode the Beemer for my daily transport rain or shine ( Earles forks are fun in the rain !! :twisted: ) during the mid 80's. :twisted:

Classy looking ride !! I wish you many safe and happy miles !!

monbla256":piggl9db said:
R502021.jpg
Absolute bad-ass ride mon, what is that, 500cc, that baby is in stellar condition, very impressed, Ex-Biker myself mate but back injury put a stop to that, enjoy the open road my friend and keep the wind in your hair. :cheers: :sunny:

Stunning. Thats terrific you saved it for all of those years. Lets see a shot of you on the bike today. Those old BMW's are in a class of their own.

That's a keen ride, Mon. Be safe out there. Never mind the rally chicks, watch out for the dumb broad playing candy crush while at a stop sign that doesn't see you.

8)