Shooting at Knoxville Church

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gospelman

Reaction score
Brothers:
Please remember the folks impacted by the church shooting in Knoxville.

What a terrible tragedy this was. Kids were putting on a program at the time of the shooting, but no children were hurt.

Police have the shooter in custody...no motive as yet.

Thanks...

Mike

It is a terrible tragedy! I can't get my mind around what would motivate someone to go postal in a church, no less at a children's program.

Good to see you post Gospelman........sorry it was to report on a tragedy like this!

Thanks,
I haven't been able to get on here in a while.

This story just broke my heart. A guy in my Sunday School class emailed me and said he was hired by the guy who was killed to videotape the kids' performance. He said the man was shot just about ten feet away from where he was taping.

The police have asked for (and he has complied) the tape, so they can study it for possible evidence.

Mike

this is a shame

He invaded a sanctuary with kids there

This is as wrong as things can get

It's hard to believe that someone is capable of such things.

Ugly that some wack job did this. Too many flipped out people these days. Bummer for everyone, 'specially the kids.

This very, very sad. There really are no "safe" places any more.

We read about bombings in the mosques and other religious sites in the Middle East. Christian communities are not immune to this in "foreign missions" or countries. But when it hits close at home, a school, a university, church or public gathering it reminds us that there are a lot of people that are faced with potential harm. Oftimes, it's commited by some "unbalanced" person.

Yeah, it's terrible. From what I've heard around the office, he "wanted to kill some liberals."

During his arraignment, the only thing he said was, "how many died?"

I've heard a couple of different versions of what happened, but it is terrible and saddens my heart. It'll keep me looking over my shoulder for many years.