SHORPY - For those that like to linger in the past...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Button

Reaction score
Just came across this site and found it to be quite enchanting!

It's a site that just features user submitted photos from the past, many of which are from the early 1900's late 1800's.

This is the one that got me hooked and I have been looking on the site for a while now, each photo more interesting than the last!

Shorpy

Be sure to check that photo out in full-res...amazing! Most of the photos on there are available in high res. Check it out!

-Adam

This shot is great as well!

Ofty's 1926

Check it in high res...

I wish I knew what pipes were in that case!!!!

-Adam

P.S.

Sorry, I get giddy over stuff like this...forgive my excitement, but this stuff makes me want to light up a nice pipe and sit back and flip through these photos for hours...

I love Shorpy, too. Their old sports team photos are incredible too... old uniforms are the best.

Benjamin Button":rr5xw456 said:
This shot is great as well!

Ofty's 1926

Check it in high res...

I wish I knew what pipes were in that case!!!!

-Adam

P.S.

Sorry, I get giddy over stuff like this...forgive my excitement, but this stuff makes me want to light up a nice pipe and sit back and flip through these photos for hours...
Is that one of the early linemen for the Green Bay Packers in drag drinking coffee? It sure looks like Ray Nitchki with a wig and dress to me. :lol!:

Natch

Cool picture and great site. I got sucked in for the last hour of my work day. Hope no one caught me. :D

That's the greatest site ever Ben!!!!

I just found this one there:

1_1.jpg

Nice site. I enjoy taking a journey into the past. The pic that Danish Pipe Guy posted is a little scary though. Lets hope the anti-tobacco fanatics don't see this one. :no:

Cool link I could get lost for hours in a site like that.

I spent a good two hours yesterday just going through only 100 pages of pics...

I am just amazed at how crystal clear some of those pictures were from that long ago. When you view an image at full res you see so many different details and nuances that you may miss otherwise...unbelievable. Definitely found a few photos I'd like to have blown up into posters.

Edit:

Hah...just found this one...

Hilarious...