Should Probably Order One of These Hats

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
The reason being, of course, to remove all doubt among acquaintances about my having one foot in the looney bin, due to my persistence in smoking a tobacco pipe, of all things. Right, Sherlocks?

http://www.villagehatshop.com/product/all/451139-156826/sherlock-holmes-houndstooth-deerstalker-hat.html

deerst10.jpg
" />

Rather than a shoddy Loonie Bin (like the Arkham Asylum For the Criminally Insane) I would go with living your own personal fantasy.  So get the Fez instead. That way it will go with a nice smoking jacket. So much more comfortable than that heavy wool capped overcoat required to compliment the Deerstalker.

74071.jpg" style="width: 300px;height: 300px

the-fez.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 350px

Nah! Get one of these an Elosequi Basque Beret it has more style !! :twisted: :twisted:

Hey, you guys get any of those hats ya want, just remember to get two of'em, one to...........and the other to cover it up.
Of course this excludes the biretta, Father. ;)

Cartaphilus":8vma95ek said:
Hey, you guys get any of those hats ya want, just remember to get two of'em, one to...........and the other to cover it up.
Of course this excludes the biretta, Father. ;)
Thanks!

The next bit of work clothing I will get is a mozzetta. I have a zucchetto as the only headgear now. I see a biretta in the future though...

Blackhorse":03gag272 said:
PS: you think you guys could make your photos a little bigger?
Would be glad to oblige you. How much BIGGER do you want them ? :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe about a minus X 4.

In other words, about 4 times smaller so it doesn't expand the page to four times larger than normal, etc. which makes the text so small on my system I can't read it.

It's not hard to control the size of image posts...just fill in the size blocks on the image posting tool under where you insert the link to the image.  Usually a max of 500 or so in width (height doesn't expand the page size) is OK in this regard.

It's just a matter of being courteous to your fellow site users.

PS: Fr Tom's post is the real offender.  Well, and Richard's...and monbla's. Or maybe they just have really big heads. :lol!:

Blackhorse":g8bm95tj said:
This looks like a man who just watched last night's debate.

PS: you think you guys could make your photos a little bigger?
Ha!

Oh you definitely should!  I have one - a garage sale find by my mother-in-law; you can sorta see it where it resides on top of my pipe cabinet.  Fortunately it's too small for me to wear or I probably would!  The houndstooth one you show is much cooler however...

Pipecabinet001_zpsf878ff97.jpg

Brewdude":i73ds4q2 said:
Blackhorse":i73ds4q2 said:
This looks like a man who just watched last night's debate.
Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Someday you'll post a pic of you looking happy Michael.

:D

Cheers,

RR
Dude,
Is this one better?

Brewdude":c1afefnt said:
Much better! See, I knew you could look happy!

:D

Cheers,

RR
BTW, the hat is an Akubra Camp Draft. They are what, quality wise, Stetson used to make but sadly don't today !! :twisted: :twisted:

My latest hat is the following that I got from my wonderful wife for Christmas.

size-s.jpg" style="width: 200px;height: 200px

After years of reading Monbla's recommendations I finally acquired an Akubra; here's my Territory.  As soon as it takes on a sweat ring and a bit of fish slime it should be about right...

XHyIdU3l.jpg