SHOW ME YOUR DUBLINS!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Good one!
For me, the only dublin is a Brit dublin. Some beautiful ones shown here, btw!

Just wanted to add my new Polinski squashed bent dublin to the mix. 
img_0111.jpg

RD":1nqr6tte said:
I agree, I really like that one.

I only have one dublin - this old Le Nuvole. I think the straight grain suits the dublin shape really well...

e8409548cb42a4eaad79e06007509ac0_zps9b70ab33.jpg
Whoa. The grain on that pipe is outstanding!

UberHuberMan":p4ilu0lb said:
RD":p4ilu0lb said:
I agree, I really like that one.

I only have one dublin - this old Le Nuvole. I think the straight grain suits the dublin shape really well...

e8409548cb42a4eaad79e06007509ac0_zps9b70ab33.jpg
Whoa. The grain on that pipe is outstanding!
I'm glad you brought this one up David!
I had meant to voice my astonishment over the obscenely gorgeous straight grain on this pipe, but got distracted.
This is no ordinary grain, jeez!

Harlock999":eihxr5of said:
I'm glad you brought this one up David!
I had meant to voice my astonishment over the obscenely gorgeous straight grain on this pipe, but got distracted.
This is no ordinary grain, jeez!
No joke!

This thread is great. It really shows off some great examples of the shape.

Its not the shape yall are use to seeing, but. Its the Peterson Dublin millennium. Comemorating a 1000 years of Dublin.

1103d1_zps241f47ef.jpg
" />
11031_zps57504b31.jpg
" />  

This is my latest, I think it would count as a Dublin...Its a Viktor Yashtylov

taharris":3mckypt9 said:
Here are some of my Dublins:

065125.jpg

Todd
Hey Todd,
Who is the maker on that first Dublin? Is that a Northern Briars pipe?

I really have no dublins to speak of (except for one Brakner bent dublin that I just got, that I have yet to refurbish) and I'm really starting to like that shape.

This guy below is an 8.5" pipe I bought from Tim West about 13-14 years ago. It hasn't been buffed up for its closeup, but I show it to you to answer the question that I in my ignorance have never been able to answer: is this hunk of root a Dublin, a Canadian, both or neither? If neither, what is it then? It has always smoked great, like all of my West pipes, although its capacious chamber requires that you have plenty of time to sit and smoke it, as you are not going to be taking this pipe out on the bridle trail, walking or riding. I figure that you fellows are the experts, so, what IS it, then?

photo_13.jpg

Again, I apologize for the computer cam shot when the rest of you post much nicer pictures, but I'm not set up to take great photos here.

You might have a hybrid there. I'd say the shank looks Canadian and the bowl looks more Dublin. As a pipe maker I've realized that categorizing the pipes I make is sometimes the hardest part. Sometimes it's just fun to make what's in your head, or what's in the block without putting too much thought into what category it fits into.

Nice pipe. I bet it smokes great! Tim is known for being a wonderful craftsman for sure.

sorringowl":wsxv2zl1 said:
taharris":wsxv2zl1 said:
Here are some of my Dublins:

065125.jpg

Todd
Hey Todd,
Who is the maker on that first Dublin?  Is that a Northern Briars pipe?

I really have no dublins to speak of (except for one Brakner bent dublin that I just got, that I have yet to refurbish) and I'm really starting to like that shape.
That is one of Tod's creations.

I really like a classic Brit Dublin with a bit more cant than typical. Probably because a kaywoodie 135 was one of my early favorites. Here's one like it:

225211_10151793855082889_1105846520_n.jpg

Dublins are my new found love.  I only have three, but plan to collect many more.  They just feel right in the hand.

IMG_20140204_102241_zpsffcbf175.jpg
" />

Ocelot55":xar35xf1 said:
Ooooh! What's that center one?
I wish I could remember who the maker is.  It is one that I restored, refinished, and rusticated.  I believe it is a higher end pipe, and sometime today the name will pop back into my head.  No stampings, no stem logo, so.............................

The top one is a Gefapip that I restored, and rusticated, and the bottom is a Jobie that I restored and refinished.

Someday I will boy a new Dublin. I have about $150 coming in the mail from a pipe sell, maybe I will look for a new Dublin and treat myself.