Single Pipe Use

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deor

Reaction score
I finally got my Stanwell in the mail the other day and have a question. As this is my only real pipe i plan on smoking this everyday. What kind of cleaning procedures should i take on a daily basis? and when is a good through cleaning required? also what would a through cleaning consist of? I have been running a could pipe cleaners though it after every use, but was wondering if there was more i should be doing and when i should give it a deep clean. Thanks for any advice

Ben

when I first started pipe I only had one pipe
I smoked it all day long in the evening I would use pipe cleaners and pipe sweetner and clean it good

It would dry over night and it worked for me for a year or so

That pipe is still in my rack and is one of the best smokers I have

other than the finish being worn off it's in great shape

You might look into buying a couple cobs or estate pipe if it would make you more comfortable

just remember a lot of old timers only had one pipe and thats all they used

Thanks for the advice. What exactly do you mean by clean in good? what else besides using the pipe cleaner did you do? also u can use high proof alcohol in place or sweetener right? Thanks again

Ben

Deor....First, buy another pipe, or two, when you can. Cobs are fine; try a Meerschaum also. You will eventually want a few pipes for your "rotation." I prefer to let any pipe "rest" for a day or two before smoking it again.

When cleaning your pipe, especially after a full day of use; I recommend cleaning it thoroughly (bowl, shank, stem) with Everclear (or something like it!); then again with your choice of pipe sweetener. Enjoy!! FTRPLT

I only had one pipe for over two years. I smoked that pipe all day long every day.
After every smoke i would run a few pipe cleaners though it to keep it dry and take a napkin to the inside oif the bowl to get off the ecces tobacco. When i got home at night after my bedtime smoke i would take it apart fully "I dont beleive in that thinking that take ing a pipe apart is bad for it mines still nice and tight" and i would clean it first start with the stem with the roughf pipe cleaners in alcohal i used to use rubbign alcohal now i use scotch "think it just adds to the flaver the next moring"clean then dry the stem with the soft pipe cleaner BIG TIP when u clean the stem get your pipe cleaner wet with alcohal and holding the stem verticaly bit at top tenor at bottom slide it up from the bottom so that the ecces alcohol dose not run down the stem and cause the vulcanite to oxidize then slean sank same way and every few days reem the pipe and it should be nice. but i do recremend getting anouther pipe. that way as u clean one u can smoke one . :D