Sinus Cold

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Got this sinus thing going that seems to be making the rounds. Hit the sack at 7pm last night. Headed there again. Right now my teeth are killing me. Nightcap didn't even dull it.

I really hate colds.

I am sorry to hear that Carlos.

Start eating 500mg vitamin C tablets. Then get you a bottle of your favorite bourban, wrap up in a blanket and start sipping that bourban. It will knock that thing out in no time!

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon!! :cyclops: :sunny: :affraid:

What about those Cold FX tablets. They are the price of gold up north. Likely don't work, especially after the fact.

:D Paul

Carlos":rz7plc12 said:
Bourbon sounds good. Might help the throat too.
Hey! When I was a kid there was a good reason why my mother use to make us a little toddy for the body when we had a cold! It works. It is even better with a little lemon juice and honey.

I feel for you brother. Last year, I got my first ever sinus infection. I did not know the meaning of the word pain until I experienced that. (I hope that I don't ever get another sinus infection.)

You mentioned that your teeth hurt and that happened to me too. I thought I was having trouble with a filling or a crown. I was totally baffled by this mysterious teeth and jaw pain. It was part of the sinus infection. 1000 mg of tylenol helped for about 4 or 5 hours at a time. But it was just a band-aid.

If you're not feeling any better real soon, I think you owe it to yourself to visit your ENT doctor. Better sooner than later if it is an infection. Take care of yourself Carlos.

(p.s. I know that it's not my place to say, but smoking your pipe right now is probably not in your best interest. It'll be there waiting for you when you get better and it'll taste all the more better too. I know that you know this, but sometimes it helps to hear it from a friend to justify the break. Take care.)

Came home tonight, went to bed for two hours. My left eye and teeth on the left side were hurting from this sinus thing.

And waiting for me was a box from the Post Office with a 1980's tin of Balkan Sobranie 759 and a jar of Percy Martin perique. Going to have to wait till I get rid of this cold. But I did open the box just now.

:D

Hope you feel well soon, Carlos, and I agree with Tin Man on the take it easy for awhile. I've had a couple root canals and when I get a head cold it feels like those same teeth are screaming!
affraid.gif
I use the extra vitamin C and some vitamin A as well, it helps to get those mucus linings working better. If that doesn't work, I'm off to the ENT before it goes anywhere else (I'm prone to ear infections)

As for your newest tobacco aquisitions, I'd be glad to try them out for you and tell you how great they are
icon_biggrin.png

Happy puffin'
Meer

Not sure when I am going to partake in them Meer. Soon I hope.

My mom emailed last night. Said to go get one of those nasal irrigation things at the drug store. :shock: Not sure how invasive those are. Going to have to do some research first. But when that sinus causes those teeth to hurt, I'll do almost anything. Probably make a great form of torture.

Going thru some of the same stuff (sinus crap!!) myself. However, no one sent me a tin of 1980 vintage BS 759 to ease my suffering!!! And...must agree with Justpipes...when I/we had colds, sore throats, coughs, etc.; out came the bourbon, honey, and lemon juice!!! Worked like a champ!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT