Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question. What is the little spit-toon looking jar int the box? It says Fred Stoker on it. There used to be a Stokers tobacco about 20 miles from me in Dresden Tn. They blended some of the best chew that I ever had. I hated it when they sold out some 12 to 15 years ago.

Eggman I couldn't figure out what that thing was either. I thought for sure you or Mike would know :D BTW I want to thank and curse whomever put the sample of ERR'd in the box. I love this stuff and have discovered it has passed into oblivion. Oh well....at least I tasted it once. :cry:

No problem Dave, I actually have more left. Send me your address and you can have the rest. I just don't smoke it much. It's just OK to me.

Ok guys sorry for the delay but had a few problems that I worked out with Mike. So I am heading to the post office after I post the puts and takes. And will have the deliverary confirmation number in a bit.

PUTS:
Rose of Latikia
Dunhill My mixture 965
A couple of pipes for whatever use Mike sees fit (Maybe troop use)
5 cans of Grizzly long cut wintergreen. A couple of guys from work said it was good dip although I have never tried it.( I thought maybe the next box that Mike sends overseas this would make a good addition.)

Takes:
Ferndown Red and Orange
Orlik Golden Sliced
1 kaywoodie yard pipe( this is one great soking pipe I think)

Sampled:
Royal Yatch ( 3rd time to sample this blend and 3rd time is not the charm. Just can't make myself like this blend.)

ORlik golden Sliced
Full Virginia Flake
Christmas Cheer 08
Red Ribbon
S.G. Best Brown Flake
And the Nasal snuffs( these were great snuffs)

Thanks Mike for putting this on and letting me participate. And thanks to everyone else for the great trades and watching it play out.

P.S. I forgot to add that I sampled the Macbaren Mature Virginia too.

Great play Eggman. As Carlos said the box ended up way ahead of schedule. My only regret and apologizes go to Vapourflavor for not being able to meet his schedule to get the box to him. I'm glad you liked the sampling. I can and will put the wintergreen and pipes to good use for the troops. Thanks.

OK the delivery confirmation number is: 0308 1400 0001 4653 4195

The final weight of the box was 19 lbs and 2 oz. and $34.80 to ship. THis was the biggest and best box pass I have ever been a part of. I am very grateful to Mike for letting play again this year.

eggman":qyot6l4x said:
...............The final weight of the box was 19 lbs and 2 oz. and $34.80 to ship. This was the biggest and best box pass I have ever been a part of.........
:affraid: "final weight of the box was 19 lbs and 2 oz. and $34.80 to ship" :affraid: All's I can say is WOW

Yes sir mike that box is heavy. I checked into putting it in a couple of flat rate boxes but was not going to come out any better. I called a place that ships for UPS and FED X and it was going to be just as much. I just sent it USPS.

Great pass Eggman! And a great experience over all! Thanks Mike for treating everyone to a great pass with all your efforts and thanks to everyone that participated! :D :D :D

Gentlemen, the eagle has landed. Got home from visiting the dentist yesterday and my wife told me there was a giant box in the living room. All I can say is WOW. I will try and take a picture and post. I thank you all for your generosity once again. I have a good start with the pipes, chew, cigars, etc. for the care packages to the troops. I will be cleaning up the pipes to send out. I will post the contents once sorted out. Thank all of you again for another great box pass. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Awesome! Thanks again Mike for being such a great organizer. Fun was had by all!

Okay Gentleman, here are the final results of this years pass. I will post pictures of the contents as soon as I have time to upload them from my camera. I want to thank all of you once again both old and new participants for making this one of the best passes so far.

2009 SPRING FORWARD BOX PASS RESULTS

NEW TINS
Sutcliff CD Blend 8 oz tin
Sutcliff Great Outdoors 8 oz tin
Dunhill 965
MacBaren Latakia Blend
McClelland Virginia Woods
Ashton Winding Road
Peterson University Flake
Peterson Irish Flake
Kendal’s St James Flake
SG Chocolate Flake
SG Best Brown Flake
C&D Snug Harbor
C&D Sunday Picnic
McClelland Rose of Latakia
HOW Mapleton
Davidoff Scottish Mixture
Peterson Old Dublin

MISCELLANIOUS
Sleeve of Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen (This goes to the troops)
9 cigars (This goes to the troops)
Eleven pipes (Will be cleaned up/sanitized and sent to the troops)
Numerous pipe cleaners
PipNet pipe reamer with two reamers
Four old Tinderbox catalogues (interesting comparing old versus new prices)
Three tins of snuff for sampling

SAMPLING TINS
Sixteen Tins to include:
C&D Exhausted Rooster, Afterhours, Habana Daydream, Pennington Gap, Blockade Runner, Purple Cow, Autumn Evening, Arcadia, Kajun Kake
G.L Pease Telegraph Hill, Montgomery
McCranie’s Red Ribbon i996
Low Country Santee
Dunhill Royal Yacht
MacBaren HH Mature Virginia
Ratray’s Red Rapparee

BULK BLENDS
Fifty-three sample bags ranging from one ounce to four ounces. Total weight of bulks equals 4 pounds 4 ounces :affraid: which makes the average sample bulk about 1.3 ounces per bag.

I apologize if I missed listing some of the tins in the shuffle of moving the box around the house and office.

Okay as promised here are some pictures of what all was in "BaB's" when I received it.
100_0810.jpg
[/url][/img]
Pipes and Un-opened Tins
100_0813.jpg
[/url][/img]
Sample Tins
100_0815.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bulk samples
100_0816.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bulk samples

MIke did you figure out what that spit tune looking stokers thing was? It was pretty cool looking but I had no idea what it was.

I don't have a clue what it is (its in the first picture under the two McClellands tins). Maybe packaging for some old blend that was out there. Hopefully one of our esteemed participants can shed light on it.