Skandinavik

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Well, you guys know I am really still just getting my feet wet..

Soooo, I stopped by a local Brick & Mortar and looked at some Mac Baren stuff lying around ( pickings are thin) and was about to grab a tin of Burley London blend to try or the Scttish Mixture, when the clerk says "Her you've got to try this stuff...it great!!"

So realizing I am igorant I figure what the hell, and let him talk me into getting a tin of Skandinavik Regualr Cavendish.

Not much review on it and i never heard of it...should i return it and put the $6.00 toward soemthing else or it is worth a try? I really am not into the "Captian Black" quality stuff..is this what I got??

I don't know if your B&M's are like the ones we have around here or not but I haven't met a "tobacconist" in my area worth a crap. I think we have some good cigar folks but none as far as pipes are concerned. They are always trying to sell me their relabeled jar version of Lane's 1-Q, saying it's the best smoke in the world. Even mention GLPease and they cock their head like a confused puppy.

...but I digress. I'd take it back, especially being you've been smoking some stout English blends lately. Really doubt you'll get any enjoyment out of that stuff.

Jason,

Yeah, I had a feeling you were going to say that. I am gonna return it.

Thanks again.

Davey,

I currently have three of Mac Baren's offerings open. PM me your addy and I can send you some samples :D

Nick

This blend has been around a long time....like Sail and Flying Dutchman. They have a real following. I have really never liked the group but that means nothing really. It would probably be a great blender component for a hybrid mix. If you don't want it and the store will take the return. then go for it.