Skinny Chimney Tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker13

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I recently got a beautiful chimney pipe with a .70inch chamber stack and the tiniest diameter of any pipe I've ever had; .65 (!) Any of you experienced brothers out there have any recommendations for a slow smoking, satisfying tobacco that could possibly burn in such a squeezebox?

Also, a ready rubbed like Capstan Blue or Match Ready Rubbed, which has some chunky burley bits.

I have a similar pipe and have found good results if I take a good Virginia Flake and cut it into thirds, stack the cuts vertically in the bowl then add some kindling on top. Ready Rubbed cuts can also work but depends on how chunky they are. For a smooth steady burn I like the three-cut method, each strand rubbed enough so that it is not chunky. Just experiment until you find what works best for you.

Have a similar pipe, tall chimney with thin walls. So far only thing it likes is PS LNF. For that reason doesn't get smoked very often.