Slap Bass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Davie504 has many videos. I wish he'd just play and leave out the B.S. In the first video, he starts playing at 1:05. In one week the video has had 3/4 million views.

2.7 million views
The young woman is from Taiwan and is also very skilled. She's a continuing party to the B.S.

Watch the next video to see some incredible children playing ukulele. The two young girls are Honoka and Azita

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you on the bullshit talking in music related vids, please stop people, you're not a comedianm just say a brief intro, play your stuff and let us enjoy it.

Loved the music parts of the video at least, thank you.

One of the young girls playing ukulele is Taimane Gardner. Old video recording as she's 31-years-old.

All grown up:

No that's not me dancing in the grass skirt. My back is too sore.
They all do look like they're having a blast playing.

Last edited:
I have listened to that NPR Tiny Desk Concert several times over again.

Rob Scallon is one those guys who can play almost any stringed instrument.

You've got to see this:

The largest pipe organ in Chicago sits above the congregation at Chicago's Fourth Presbyterian Church. The intricate collection of five keyboards and thousands of pipes is like having an orchestra in the balcony -- trumpets, flutes, strings, and more.

Last edited:
In one of the videos above Davie504 says Billie Eilish is the most famous ukulele player of all time and that Fender now has a signature model. He bought one and he can really play it.

As I'm listening to Davie504 play the ukulele above, I'm wondering if it's tuned eadg as would a bass electric guitar be tuned but a couple of octaves up. He's hitting some notes that don't sound like gcea linear or re-entrant uke tuning. I knew a guy, Bill Hinkley, a local professional musician, who played the uke tuned as a mandolin.

His content is mostly puerile but he plays his ass off. I'd love to hear him cover some of Jaco's stuff.
I don't understand how it works but apparently he makes his living doing these YouTube videos. He panders to a young audience. In the video where he plays the Billie Eilish signature uke, I'd be very surprised if Fender hadn't gifted that to him.
Has has almost 9 million subscribers.