Sleeping Naked

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Since my wife's passing in 2008, I've become a classic insomniac. I have difficulty falling and staying asleep. For virtually all of my married life, I either slept naked or wearing just a very loose fitting pair of cut off pajama bottoms. Now, alone, I got into the habit of wearing undershorts and a t-shirt, just for some sense of modesty, should I expire in my sleep and my daughters find my body. Yesterday, while perusing the internet, I bumped into this article extolling the benefit of sleeping naked. So, last night, for the first time in over a decade, I got in bed bereft of any attire.
Maybe it was simply the psychological effect, but I fell asleep within about 10 minutes and only woke up once during the night to water the geese. Maybe there really are benefits to sleeping naked? I'll experiment again, tonight.

I've slept nude my whole life except in the service or when camping out. I hate pajamas because I always seem to get twisted up in them. Couple of years ago in an attempt to cut down on electric bills started turning the thermostat way down at night which I found actually made me sleep better. Occasionally if I get chilly I have a couple of 3x t shirts from walmart that I use as kind of a night shirt since they come to mid thigh.

I like to sleep in a large tee-shirt.
I posted that somewhere and was told that I was "Donald Ducking."

After showering, I caught a glimpse of myself, naked, in a full-length mirror. The sight was so nauseating and repulsive, I was forced to avert my eyes. I'm shuttering at the vivid recollection, even as I write these comments.

So, I would NEVER sleep naked, or do anything, naked. My sense of propriety, my moral obligation to decency, would prevent me from displaying my junk, and my prodigious ass. That would be a contract with no "escape clause". Me...naked whether in bed or not, would be unseemly, and certainly, unsightly. After all, even I, still have some standards.

The OP's 4th sentence ^^^^ says it all. What happens if I assume room temperature? What a ridiculous and horrible sight I would be -without my tee-shirt and PJ bottoms! I'd be embarrassed!!

Last edited:
I came very close to banning this thread...yuk...shudder...kaff kaff. My mental photo album has become clogged with totally unwanted images I can’t seem to flush. Come’on you guys. Gimme a break. It’s even gone over into Christmas images...saggy baggy naked elves hammering away on little wooden trucks, etc. yeesh!

😝 😁 😎

LOL

My BMI is exemplary for my age. My percentage body fat at last measurement in a dunk tank was 16%. I have no issue with being naked while alive. I just don't want to be found dead, nude, by my daughters.

Why did I read this thread? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And why don't my smilies work?

Con, are you selecting the smilies from the smiley icon in the box at the top of your replies? That should pop up a box of them and then you click on the one you want. If that is not working perhaps you could pm Carlos.

Cheers,

RR