Slightly Aromatic or Aromatic Burley?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJPHOTO

Reaction score
Out of all the tins and types I bought to take the world tour of tobaccos - the one I've really fallen in love with is C&D's Haunted Bookshop. There's one slight problem - it leaves a cigarette type smell behind which the wife picks up on immediately if I'm in the house with it.

So I have a few questions - is there a burley blend that doesn't leave that scent behind that still has that nice, full flavor?

If not, what about sticking some bookshop in with an aro and aging it for a while... or will it just take on the aro characteristics?

And a side note - I think I read somewhere that there's no point in really aging burleys OR aromatics because they stay basically the same, am I correct on that?

JLJ2018":5cl81my1 said:
Out of all the tins and types I bought to take the world tour of tobaccos - the one I've really fallen in love with is C&D's Haunted Bookshop. There's one slight problem - it leaves a cigarette type smell behind which the wife picks up on immediately if I'm in the house with it.

So I have a few questions - is there a burley blend that doesn't leave that scent behind that still has that nice, full flavor?
A sample of one that fits the bill of what you are looking for will be coming your way shortly and your delima will be solved. :D

One burley blend that I am very fond of that has a nice room note is Nut Brown Burley from Pipeworks and Wilke (www.vtpipes.com). It also has one of the most pleasant pouch aromas I have ever experienced and is an excellent smoke.

Smokey

If you like Haunted Bookshop , I would recommend 4noggins Bald Headed Teacher.

A great burley with a really nice room note is GLPease Barbary Coast. Smells like baked cinnamon rolls.

I actually think you managed to pick the worst-smelling burley blend on the market when you picked Haunted Bookshop.
Most other burlies don't smell like a cigarette. From C&D, I'd highly recommend Old Joe Krantz, Morley's Best and Epiphany. Some other great burley mixtures from other blenders are Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and Gatlin-Burley.

jj1015":oltnrakg said:
I actually think you managed to pick the worst-smelling burley blend on the market when you picked Haunted Bookshop.
Most other burlies don't smell like a cigarette. From C&D, I'd highly recommend Old Joe Krantz, Morley's Best and Epiphany. Some other great burley mixtures from other blenders are Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and Gatlin-Burley.

I agree with all the above and add Velvet