Slovenian pipe smoker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to BoB. Probably a lot of us old farts could benefit from your hearing aids!

Thank you all!

Hey Doc, where did you pick that 'dobrodošli' word? What a pleasant surprize to be greated in my own language!

Hey Alesh, I had to look it up--thought it would be a nice welcome. My grandfather spoke a little Slovene, though (but it wasn't his first language).

Interesting, and I thought nobody will have the slightest knowledge of Slovenia - being such a small country of 2 million only. And then I find out the Slovene word is spoken by someone like your Grandad... Cool!

Welcome to the group! Come back often...I like hearing the perspectives of those outside the U.S.

Buddy

Welcome, lookng forward to hearing about the trends , tobacco preferences, and pipe market over there,,

Yes Greetings and welcome, I hope my wife doesn't find out you dispense hearing aids, otherwise she'll want me to get one as I'm going a bit deaf.

Problem is

Not fast enough. :lol!:

A warm welcome. I hope there are those who will take time to read the history of your country.

Slovenia was the first post-Communist country to hold the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, for the first six months of 2008.
That's wonderful.

:D Paul

mark":zkm54w1w said:
Welcome, lookng forward to hearing about the trends , tobacco preferences, and pipe market over there,,
Pretty much the same thing here. A beginner will start with vanilla cherry aromatics as they smell so nice, then discover there are natural aromatics without the heavy artificial casings, and with help of forums get interested in best natural tobacco mixtures of English and Oriental types.
It's a never ending search for that perfect tobacco and a process of discovering the science of blending of all those Virginias, Orientals, Latakia, Perique, Burley, Cavendish or whatever. It can be an interesting hobby if you choose to jump into that mysterious world of noble smoke. It will never end if you want to know all about pipes and tobacco. I'm surprised how knowledgeable some of you are, and impressed when I see your pipe collections and tobacco collections.
My wish is to get the most from that occasional pipe, the joy, the hour of serenity, spend some fun time handling my pipes and tobacco, but all to the extend where it would not demand too much time and expense, most of which I have devoted to my family, work and also other hobbies.

Slow Puffs":yjedml5n said:
A warm welcome. I hope there are those who will take time to read the history of your country.

Slovenia was the first post-Communist country to hold the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, for the first six months of 2008.
That's wonderful.

:D Paul
Thanx for the welcome!
Yes, Slovenia held the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and it also hosted Bush and Putin for their meeting which kind of put us on the political map. It's always hard for such a small country to have its voice heard and gain recognition by other much bigger and influential countries. But we are doing fine and we get more and more respect because of good moderate democratic politics, good economy and open mindedness. Extreme politicians, religious leaders and bad journalists don't really get much support here, so we are safe from the madness that has hit some parts of the world including the ex-Yugoslavia that we used to be a part of.
Let's just hope the smoking ban will be dismissed, so we can enjoy pipe smoking at our favourite bars again. There are different ways to protect children and non-smokers than a general ban from all the public places.
:D