Small Summertime TAD order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
Couldn't hold out any longer, this is my first TAD order since all the Covid business started. Three new items to try and some re-supply of baccies that I use regularly.

FDA scare may have made import items scarce but it seems domestic producers like C&D, GLP, and Sutliff are introducing new blends all the time. Doesn't say but I'm guessing the new Savinelli line is made by (or at least tinned by) Sutliff as the tin and inside packaging are identical. Haven't tried the new items yet, looking forward to Sun Bear especially.

Nice choices, I enjoy the C&D Byzantium. I did order some Sun Bear the other day, just waiting on the USPS now, should be here Monday.

Blackhorse":4p8qey3u said:
Mr B - where did you find the Sun Bear?
Tobacco Pipes (Florida)

I knew this was going to be released on July 29, so that morning I first checked Cup O' Joes and they were sold out, probably because they set their maximum of 5 too high for an item like this (maximum of two would have allowed more people like me who just want to check it out to try a tin). Then I tried TobaccoPipes and they still had some so they got a small order from me and COJ got nada. It was still in stock as of 8:20 am when I hit the Place Order button, but when I checked back ten minutes later they were also sold out.

I know it's the American way, supply and demand, but it irritates me when people buy big quantities of these limited items not even knowing if they're gonna like it. Can't unload unwanted tins on eBay anymore after they cracked down.

Anyhoo, glad I got a tin. :lol:

Rumour has it Watch City Cigars is getting some Sun Bear. I think the other usual suspects sold out pretty fast, Smokingpipes flew through it at an eight tin limit.

If you're curious Dave I can send you some. I grabbed a couple of tins.

Ozark Wizard":jaz3amr8 said:
Rumour has it Watch City Cigars is getting some Sun Bear. I think the other usual suspects sold out pretty fast, Smokingpipes flew through it at an eight tin limit.

If you're curious Dave I can send you some. I grabbed a couple of tins.

Naw...better not. It’ll just make me CRAZY! :shock:

Well, the three new items weren't a big hit with me. The Savinelli Jupiter might be a keeper, I'll have to see how it develops, and I imagine it might be something Blackhorse would enjoy, but the other two will probably end up on my trading list, which now stands at 162 items.

Come the first of October when the weather gets cooler and I feel like venturing to the post office, I'll post the list on BoB and see if any of these guys can find happy new homes. I just don't have time to tinker and tweak new things to salvage them when I have a shelf full of stuff that I actually enjoy. All part of the process I guess, you don't know until you try it. :|

Brunello":ig1c184a said:
Well, the three new items weren't a big hit with me. The Savinelli Jupiter might be a keeper,
Does it actually have juniper notes? Sitting here with a martini thinking how much I enjoy juniper.

D.L.Ruth":kufpzvbg said:
Brunello":kufpzvbg said:
Well, the three new items weren't a big hit with me. The Savinelli Jupiter might be a keeper,
Does it actually have juniper notes? Sitting here with a martini thinking how much I enjoy juniper.
Okay, you got me... made me chuckle. Was that intentional to cheer me up, or is that the gin talkin'? [Jupiter, not Juniper] :D

Brunello":31y6fu3l said:
D.L.Ruth":31y6fu3l said:
Brunello":31y6fu3l said:
Okay, you got me... made me chuckle. Was that intentional to cheer me up, or is that the gin talkin'?  [Jupiter, not Juniper]  :D
No, no that was the gin lol, really read it as Savinelli Juniper lol