Small terrorists acts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
So, right before the holidays, my satellite connection was compromised, like, no signal. I did a prelim check on the azimuth, elevation, and all, and couldn't figure out what was 'up'. Due to the advent of holidays, no one was available to trundle their happy ass up the mountain to assess my situation until today. Turns out, SOMETHING chewed through a part of the coax and thus my connection was severed. All better now, after a service call fee and a new 100 feet of cable was run...

So, did I miss anything?

Glad you're OK now..It reminds me of the time my cat chewed through a refrigerator cord.

Ozark Wizard":3mnuiro3 said:
So, right before the holidays, my satellite connection was compromised, like, no signal. I did a prelim check on the azimuth, elevation, and all, and couldn't figure out what was 'up'. Due to the advent of holidays, no one was available to trundle their happy ass up the mountain to assess my situation until today. Turns out, SOMETHING chewed through a part of the coax and thus my connection was severed. All better now, after a service call fee and a new 100 feet of cable was run...

So, did I miss anything?
Hey Wiz, bummer with your cable but glad you got it fixed. Any likely targets?

I'm not sure you missed too much but then I've been busy myself with some much needed quality family time. I've checked in now and then to see what was happening but, at the risk of missing something fundamental, apart from Arky trying to flog a mink, sable, or brown rat pelt, it's been pretty quiet on the Western front.

Any hooo... hope you had a great Christmas and it's good to see you up and running again!

Chin chin.

OW, glad your situation was rectified fairly quick. You should not have been charged a service call fee if the installer who originally did the job correctly in the first place. The coax should have been inside of steel conduit, especially in mountain/wooded areas such as where you live. Hopefully this will not happen again in the near future.
HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Feel for you Wiz, my cabin is a bit north of you, near (not on, couldn't stand that) LOZ and losing cable is no fun.

Actually for TV I just use an OTA antenna but cable internet is a vital service.

Ozark Wizard":3o03tmd9 said:

So, did I miss anything?
It was the Russians, obviously.

Yuppers, turns out it is ROUS that are teething on the Coax. Unfortunately, 'company policy' for the provider dictates no conduit required unless specified by local codes. So, I gave the exposed areas a vigorous rub down with habanero oil until I make my monthly provision run into town and get some conduit to run myself.

OW, good move!!! Do the conduit yourself or it can happen again. Good luck. Have a HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lord Guyrox":5ajni2lj said:
Ozark Wizard":5ajni2lj said:

So, did I miss anything?
It was the Russians, obviously.
Always Lol :cheers:

I'm pretty sure that it was caused by a member of the disgruntled masses that are unhappy their queen was dethroned. :lol!:

AJ

AJ":mvwu1334 said:
I'm pretty sure that it was caused by a member of the disgruntled masses that are unhappy their queen was dethroned. :lol!:

AJ
Which queen?