Smoke Rings from Carolina

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Waken

Reaction score
Howdy folks, enjoying a bowl of 4th Gen 2012 Flake and have been a pipe smoker for many years, however brand spankin new to this on line forum stuff! Finally decided not to pass up the opportunity to connect. I'm an ol' long distance hiker that loves to lunt, plein air paint, make braintan and selfbows and been playing music all my life. I wish ya'll many enjoyable contemplative smokes.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.edit1.jpg
    IMG_0059.edit1.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 3
Welcome from North Carolina! What part do you take in the music? Guitar? Vocals? I’m a D28 guy - so I enjoy it too! Though sounds like you have a lot more experience

Played in a band in high school in the 60s. Had a Fender Stratocaster. Wish I had kept it up and wish I had kept the Stratocaster
Yeah, there's nothing like finding the right folks at that age and rockin' out. Can't say it's always the best way to make a living, but I have no regrets! I play an old '79 strat I've had since I was a kid. Ever think of picking one up? You know the cliche!😃 What kind've stuff did you end up getting into - work/career?

Yeah, there's nothing like finding the right folks at that age and rockin' out. Can't say it's always the best way to make a living, but I have no regrets! I play an old '79 strat I've had since I was a kid. Ever think of picking one up? You know the cliche!😃 Whatch kind've stuff did you end up getting into - work/career?
Spent 35+ years in aviation. Started as A&P mechanic and progressed to VP of two different companies. And yes, I frequently toy with the idea of getting another Stratocaster. Not sure how good the new ones are and a vintage, say 60 to 65, are going for 10K and up. Maybe look at a Gretsch or Fender.