smokin G & H Brown Bogie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
Saved a small sample from a batch I sent on to others. I didn't think reading description I would care for this baccy, Im more of a MacB Navy Flake guy, but am always ready to try new ones. So it says cut into coins to smoke. I sliced off small coin and discovered way to wet to smoke. In hurry, so I just unrolled, dried briefly, and loaded in GBD bulldog. To my surprise I enjoyed it, suggestions on best way to dry, load, and smoke? Thanx

Bd

Never Forget!

Sounds to me like you figured it out.

Slice your coin.
Chop,rub,unroll(whichever)
Load and smoke.

I usually find that G&H, and SG baccys smoke fine even when moist. The exception being SG Black XX Rope - this is really a fireproof product unless dried and full rubbed (unwound) out.

Alan :pipe:

I have a pair of those sharp, plastic handled scissors. I read about doing this elsewhere. Just take the scissors can cut around the edge of the rope and then cut the now smaller center off. You end up with mostly little football sort of shapes. Cuts best with some moisture. Pack fairly light handed and it smokes great.

Thanks much for the suggestions guys. I do like that baccy although did notice it's not for one who is squemish about N factor.

Bd

Thanks much for the suggestions guys. I do like that baccy although did notice it's not for one who is squemish about N factor.

Bd

With a butcher knife, I slice rope and plug into 1/8th to 1/4" and then dice. It's important to leave enough chunks to line the bottom of the bowl else particles can get caught in the airway. Factory moisture has never been a problem for me.