Smoking and grilling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well the hot weather made its debut, can the fireflies be far behind? I went back to the cob (it hasn't been neglected just not as often) with a blend sent to me by a damn fine mixologist of tobacco, the Rockin' Rock Cob King himself, rekemepip or John Barrett, he calls this Coon Hound Flake and it was a mighty fine smoke in the MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem whilst grilling.

Tonight's fare was simple yet elegant. Since we had some fresh homemade Sourdough Bread that came out of the oven yesterday I sliced 2 thick slabs and cut them in half.

I fired up the Weber Q and brushed on a light coat of bacon fat, told you this was old school, then placed the peppers face down, put some Montreal Seasoning on the turkey burgers and slapped them on the grill.

I then went inside to slice up the tomato and the half of avocado I set out then pulled plates, napkins, dill pickle slices and my homemade carbonated lime water then back to the grill.

Back outside I picked up the Diplomat where we left off and flipped peppers and burgers, after a couple of more flips I placed the cooking brick on the peppers to ensure a nice char on both sides, flipped the toast and had a few more puffs on the cob.

Opened the Weber Q and removed the brick, the peppers, flipped the burgers and set the other slices of bread to grill. In a few minutes the bread got flipped and the burgers for the last time as well. Once everything was done I set the cooking brick back in the Q and headed back in with the platter since the MM was finished I set it aside to grab it later.

Keeping it smokey!
banjo

d2515b4e5be321d356f186e137c306ec03c10b3.jpeg

6a71574757e62edf30b18fda20243d8a8abe6aa.jpeg

Fire flies are everywhere tonight and last. Yuppers, summer is swingin'. Look like you have a good grill fest happening...

And yes, keep it smokey!

So dang hot out here in the Southwest you don't need to fire up the grill. Just lay it on the damn cement and let it cook!!! :cheers: FTRPLT