Smoking Ban

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
I rember a time when money derived from tobacco had a good deal of influence on happenings here in North Carolina..Not Now..More places are prohibiting smoking than one can keep track of.This week it was announced that the school system in the city that I live in has banned smoking at all school sporting events.Even outdoor events.Smoking presents a bad image for the kids. So they say.

I use nasal snuff and a dip of Skoal in such situations if I want to enjoy tobacco.
It's not ever going back to what it once was.That's one of the reasons I favor larger bowled pipes,I smoke mostly at home.I visited a friend who has several boys aged 5-8 and when I took out my pipe they were awestruck,they had never seen someone smoke a pipe before.

Winslow

The old "it's for the kids" excuse..........eh?!

Oh yeah, when I was in high school here in NC we had designated on campus smoking areas for the students as well as the teachers. And yes, tobacco farmers and tobacco money commanded a lot of respect in those days.

I was in high school not too long ago... in NYC, no less! As seniors in 1993 we were allowed to smoke out on the "senior terrace." This was an all-boys Catholic school. At the time, however, I was not a smoker and make little use of the terrace.

But having moved to NC from NYC last October, I am still pleased as punch to find how many places do still allow the exercise of liberty, particularly when it comes to pipe smoking. May it forever stay so....

-Andrew