Smoking Doldrums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure this isn't really a vitamin thing...the only thing different is the pipe smoking. Energy is still high, I'm spending plenty of time in the gym, generally healthy, still enjoying the things I always enjoy, etc. In fact, some of the things I also enjoy that relate directly to palate and tasting - coffees, teas, whiskey, beer - I still continue to enjoy as always and have noticed no real drop off in the experience.

I'm inclined to think I just need to step away from the pipes for a while and let things reboot. If nothing else, knowing that I don't plan to pick one up for another week (probably two) is the perfect opportunity to give all of my pipes a nice, thorough cleaning with plenty of drying time.

In the meantime, I'll continue to blame the winter.

@Growley: I know EXACTLY what you mean by needing more and more spiciness. I'm a few years behind you (not many), but over the last two or three years I need more and more and more and more heat. I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the winter, too - just because. :twisted: 

I've been in the same boat and the Carter Hall thing definitely resets the palate. It happens to be one of my favourite smokes anyways so that helps. I also grab some cigars and that really livens things up and the pipe sings after a couple of cigars.

I would also like to be in on the winter ass whuppin! Either that or lets go kick a ground hog in the nuts!

You have my heart-felt sympathy.
As a long-term sinusitus sufferer I know the feeling completely.
When the lurgy is on then all tobacco tastes bleh  :( . Food and drink tastes normal.
I think my nose is trying to tell me something - I just ain't listening.
And yes - it's at its worst in the winter  :!:

George Kaplan":00fdla6m said:
So Ian, it's been a week or so. Anything working?
Haven't smoked yet...pipes are nice and clean, though. I'm probably going to light up in a day or two, fingers crossed. In the meantime, snuff has been my preferred companion and has been unaffected by whatever is going on.

Ah, Glorious Latakia, I have missed you.

Had a bowl of Commonwealth last night and everything was as it should be. Looks like I just needed a break!