Smoking Fez...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Ok,

So a few years ago I was at one of the NY pipe shows in Newark and saw a fella wearing a smoking fez.I asked where he got it and he said there was a woman in England making them for around $50- and selling them on e-bay. I checked the next day but could'nt find them.I started searching on various online sites but came up empty everywhere I looked.I dropped in to a couple of local tailors and asked them if they'd like to make me one.They all flat refused.Then I dated a proffesional seamstress for a while but she never seemed to have the time to do it :x .My recent girlfriend has always been very good with a thread and a needle so I asked her if she thought she could handle making one.She agreed to try and picked up the necesssary materials last week and finished it all up today.I think you'll agree that it's a damned fine lookin' smokin' cap... :lol:

https://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/DockJPerry/?action=view&current=Fez001.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Totally awesome, Dock. The shape, red and gold colors, paisely design are all super. Sherlock himself would have been jealous. Your girlfriend could sell a lot of those if she wanted to make them. Wear it in good health for great smokes for many years to come.

jhuggett":t82b53hb said:
Damn fine work. Is there a history to a smoking fez?
J,
I think they were victorian in orgin and went hand in hand with the gentleman's smoking room and smoking jackets...

Best,
Dock

Nice smoking hat. I am with Jason would love to find out more about the smoking fez history.

Great cap, Dock. What about a picture of you wearing it? (And your girlfriend to. She deserves to be acknowledged.) :mrgreen:

Any chance you'll get a matching jacket, or would that be pushing your luck?

showme

Man them are some neat looking hats. Now if I could find one with differant colored panels and a propeler on top Like spanky wore in the little rascels. that would be even better.

showme1or2":btnrjkwu said:
Great cap, Dock. What about a picture of you wearing it? (And your girlfriend to. She deserves to be acknowledged.) :mrgreen:

Any chance you'll get a matching jacket, or would that be pushing your luck?

showme

https://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/DockJPerry/?action=view&current=smokingjacket001.jpg

I actually had my own tailor trim up an asian robe to create the look I wanted...

Best,
Dock

Awesome jacket!

What about slippers? And Playmates? 8)

Do you "dress" for your pipe club meetings? Now that would be something: full-dress meetings.

CP":2cqf28jw said:
Should we call Dock Pasha, Caliph, or Sultan?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock

LOL I wish I'd kept my Shriner's fez when I demitted,I never wore it anywhere,never went back to the shrine,even after the cold sands.But it would be fun to mess with the kids with it now!
Tony

Dock, you just might have a keeper in that Girl!

And, how about that can of Grainger in the picture............. :)