Smoking may disappear within a generation, analysts predict

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns, tobacco, soda, snuff and fatty foods. What else to protect me since apparently I can't make my own decisions as an adult? Oh yeah I forgot maglights and knives over two inches long if I live in certain parts of California.

I can't make my own decisions as an adult?
I think there has to be a way to discriminate a responsible adult from a gang banger who has no respect from your life or his own. I confess I own a revolver, have smoked for 60 years, drink a diet cola or two almost every day, drink plenty of good liquor, eat too much fatty food, and usually have a couple of knives on my person at all times. I am a responsible adult who is no danger to the public. But in Mpls.-St. Paul in the prior 12 months, there's been at gunpoint carjackings every week.

I own many guns, drink a fair amount of alcohol, not to excess I just like the taste of good wine and good whiskey, i eat fairly well but do love a good steak with baked potato. I love my pipes and the occasional cigar. I just wish "THEY" would quit trying to tell me what is "good" for me. After 73 years on this planet I think I have learned enough to figure it out myself. Lol.

Guns, tobacco, soda, snuff and fatty foods. What else to protect me since apparently I can't make my own decisions as an adult? Oh yeah I forgot maglights and knives over two inches long if I live in certain parts of California.

Maglights? I missed hearing about that one.

San Francico. The aluminum Maglight anything above three "D" cells. Can be used as a club. At least thats what my aviation buddies at the airlines told me in the past.

In which case, they should ban untidy yard debris. A good, stout tree limb worked fine for Fred flintstone lol

In which case, they should ban untidy yard debris. A good, stout tree limb worked fine for Fred flintstone lol

When I moved to a ground level apartment many years ago, my Grandma gave me a wooden Louisville Slugger baseball bat. It in case someone tried to come in the windows. I could beat them over the head and the decide to keep my catch or throw them out. I still have that baseball bat sitting in a corner in my diningroom.

When I moved to a ground level apartment many years ago, my Grandma gave me a wooden Louisville Slugger baseball bat. It in case someone tried to come in the windows. I could beat them over the head and the decide to keep my catch or throw them out. I still have that baseball bat sitting in a corner in my diningroom.
Apologies if I've told this tale previously, but Angie's baseball bat reminded me.
My mother died after several years of illness and a botched surgery when I was nine years old. My older brother and I were separated and farmed out to various relatives while my father got his s*** together. He was 52 and had no clue or desire to be a single parent. He usually traveled for work, weeks at a time. I was a difficult child, by nature, non-complaint (as I still am) and quick to anger and fight (which I was, but have mellowed with age and patina.) After being tossed from several relatives homes, I wound up with my paternal grandmother, my aunt and her husband, and a bachelor uncle, all living in the same house. My grandmother was probably in her early 80s and tough. She had eight children who lived, but had given birth to many who had died in infancy. The youngest of the eight, were she alive, would be 113 this year.
One afternoon, Grandmother was rolling out some kind of dough on the kitchen table, I was seated watching her. Her rolling pin was old style, no handles and bearings, just like a ball bat, tapered on both ends. I don't know what I said or what she thought I said, but in a flash she swung that rolling pin and hit the side of my head with a loud crack. Then the world went blank. My next recollection was my aunt putting ice packs across the swelling on my noggin and having to vomit. Later, hearing my uncle telling my grandmother not to tell anyone what she'd done.
Grandmother died in 1960. I was asked if there was anything of her possessions that I would like as a keepsake.
The rolling pin is in a drawer in my kitchen.

Kinda' made an "impression" on ya', did it??????? LOL, FTRPLT
Absolutely! Like the one pictured.
51PnsLGDE7L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Wow, that is some story. I'm glad you are okay and really nice that you have the rolling pin.

I’ve been saying this for years! IMO Your employer and your insurance provider will determine your lifestyle choices more and more. Think very carefully about the screening questions they ask you when you’re sitting in the doctors office. :geek:

Yes, and once your profile is on record it's easily shared. I don't admit to anything anymore.

As far as my Drs. and insurance provider know I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or own any guns, so I am depending on you guys to keep quiet,, lol.

San Francico. The aluminum Maglight anything above three "D" cells. Can be used as a club. At least thats what my aviation buddies at the airlines told me in the past.
Those are heavy flashlights even with three "D" cells. If a person uses that they could still be charged with battery. Had to put the dad joke in...couldn't resist.

I was a little shocked one time when going in for an annual physical and was asked by the Doctor if I owned guns. He couldn't come up with a reason on what that had to do with my current health other than they were "required" to ask. I informed him that I was required not to answer.