Smoking may disappear within a generation, analysts predict

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little shocked one time when going in for an annual physical and was asked by the Doctor if I owned guns. He couldn't come up with a reason on what that had to do with my current health other than they were "required" to ask. I informed him that I was required not to answer.

Never had that question at any exam, but my reply would be something like "that has nothing to do with this visit" and leave it at that.

Cheers?

RR

Never had that question at any exam, but my reply would be something like "that has nothing to do with this visit" and leave it at that
I finally encountered this one just this week. I’m not interested in arguing with someone with no authority, so it was a quick “No” and time to move on.

Deny everything, implicate everyone!! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! "N/A" answers a lot of questions!! So does "NOYFB!" FTRPLT

I own many guns, drink a fair amount of alcohol, not to excess I just like the taste of good wine and good whiskey, i eat fairly well but do love a good steak with baked potato. I love my pipes and the occasional cigar. I just wish "THEY" would quit trying to tell me what is "good" for me. After 73 years on this planet I think I have learned enough to figure it out myself. Lol.

Edited by mod due to political content.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as my Drs. and insurance provider know I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or own any guns, so I am depending on you guys to keep quiet,, lol.
I share all my private information on massive billboards in front of my house. There is even a small one with me sitting on the commode, smoking a cigar with a plate of chocolate chip cookies covering my private parts.

I share all my private information on massive billboards in front of my house. There is even a small one with me sitting on the commode, smoking a cigar with a plate of chocolate chip cookies covering my private parts.

Now there's a mental image I didn't need!

😲

Cheers?

RR

Now there's a mental image I didn't need! 😲 Cheers? RR
I suppose I could photoshop the chocolate chip cookies to oatmeal raisin.

You might as well be. Did you know everything you post here is mined for personal information and sold. These forums are a goldmine for information that you agreed to. The 77 “guests” on here right now are bots mining your information.:geek:

Did you know everything you post here is mined for personal information and sold. These forums are a goldmine for information that you agreed to. The 77 “guests” on here right now are bots mining your information.:geek:
Then I'd better not mention that when I applied my new license plate tabs this morning, I deliberately put them on a bit crooked.

If you've been following the recent news, there's a very strong effort for the FDA to ban menthol cigarettes. As one who for many years smoked unfiltered Kool cork tips, I can attest to the fact that some menthol cigarettes are pumped full of nicotine, beyond what would normally be contained in the cigarette tobacco. The more of those Kools I smoked, the more I craved them. I remember switching to Salem and Newport and jumping back to Kools.

There's also companion legislation proposed to force cigarette manufacturers to reduce the amount of nicotine in the cigarettes. From what I've read, cigarettes have become such a homogenized product that every cigarette, of a particular brand, will have an identical amount of nicotine.
I do wonder how long it will be until all flavored tobacco and tobacco that's been nicotine "supplemented" will be banned from the marketplace.