Smoking while sick

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hey guys, I think I have a cold. got some congestion and a cough, sneeze on occasions.

My question is: Do y'all still smoke while sick?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
TO

Texas Outlaw":eux8y0ly said:
hey guys, I think I have a cold. got some congestion and a cough, sneeze on occasions.

TO
Nope. I smoke because I enjoy it. When I am sick I don't enjoy anything. Plus I don't need to be getting any contaminated juices in my pipe stems.

Benjamin Button":0cbryni9 said:
Texas Outlaw":0cbryni9 said:

TO
Nope. I smoke because I enjoy it. When I am sick I don't enjoy anything. Plus I don't need to be getting any contaminated juices in my pipe stems.

Same here brother.

I guess it's just how I feel at the moment. If I feel like smoking I do it, if not- don't. I have noticed (maybe I'm just crazy) that sometimes smoking my pipe actually breaks up sinus congestion thus preventing sinus infections. It seems that since starting to smoke my pipe on a mostly daily basis I seem to get fewer colds & havent had the flu since (knock on wood).
As far as contaminated juices; a good cleaning with Everclear kills all.

Add me to the chorus of people who abstain when their senses are stuffed up. I do keep going with the mentholated snuff, though--that's good medicine.

Texas Outlaw":e2eysx5j said:

TO
If I'm well enough to smoke, I'm well enough to go to work, if I'm well enough to go to work, I'm well enough to do about anything.

If I'm sick enough that smoking isn't enjoyable, I'm unconscious and some one needs to call an ambulance.YMMV :lol!:

shootist51":2n94ogpr said:
Texas Outlaw":2n94ogpr said:

TO
If I'm well enough to smoke, I'm well enough to go to work, if I'm well enough to go to work, I'm well enough to do about anything.

If I'm sick enough that smoking isn't enjoyable, I'm unconscious and some one needs to call an ambulance.YMMV :lol!:
Yeah I went to work, but I was craving some tobacco. I guess I'll try to abstain.

I smoke no matter what. Unless I am so sick that I'm sleeping, I smoke. Addiction? Probably.

If it is just the sniffles, yes. If it is the full blown flu then I usually don't feel like doing anything. The hardest part of when I had my gastric bypass surgery was not the non-eating part but the not being able to smoke my pipe or cigars for two months.

Well, it was a tough day. got to leave work about 15 min early (amazing what a difference a few minutes makes in a long day). Stressed and exhausted, no gym today. I'm sure the smoke isn't helping my cough or congestion, but it sure is soothing.

Hard to tell when I'm sick due to allergies and such. First front came in today and collided with a wet front. So we went from 92 yesterday to 75 right now. Big difference. Hell I almost wore a jacket.

I very very rarely get sick. I hope it stays that way. I've never had the flu and I count on one hand the number of times I've had a cold. I agree with EJ that the few times that I have felt something coming on I just keep smoking and it never becomes a full blown sickness.

I got to tell you; it has the reverse effect I was expecting. Somehow the smoking soothed my throat and reduced my coughing fits. Having a hell of a time at work though.

I've been smoking a pipe for almost 4 months now, so not particularly long, but I haven't felt sick enough to not smoke so far. In all honesty, I think my pipe smoking has made me more careful about my health than before I started smoking.

If I'm having sinus problems or just a slight cold I also swear smoking can ease the symptoms and open everything up for me.

I find a cheap Maduro cigar usually relieves a sinus cold for me, for a little while anyway ...

Nope. Of course I rarely get sick and haven't yet had to make that decision. ...knocks on his briarwood pipe...

My tonsils are the first to go when I do, so I've already determined I won't.

Of all the remidies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man,
there is none so effacious and universal as Gletscher Prise.

Winslow :sunny: