SNOW ! ! !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
A whole INCH. Not a big deal almost anywhere else in most of the country…but here in Western Oregon, it’s a big deal. Woke up to an inch if snow this morning…due to end up at the 4” to 6” depth by tonight. Note: they’re aren’t many streets around here that don’t have a low to significant grade. Add that to the fact that we get just a little bit of snow maybe once every 3 - 5 years so few folks have actual snow or studded tires and the result is DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY SNOW PICS FROM THIS YEAR?

This is of our little side deck…

5B4937CC-66F5-4C32-956D-745AA77CEFA8.jpeg

Well…you know how it is here. They predict a foot a week in advance and get nothing. Then 6 inches sneaks in and catches them completely by surprise. Snow in PDX is usually the result of a cold front running into a wet front right over the city. Not easy to predict. So we’ll see.

No snow here thankfully. It was 74 here yesterday and a high of 66 today.

Union City,Tn. We are going to have above average temps through next weekend. We had a record high yesterday.

A little south of you, we had snow falling last night and woke up to it this morning. It’s been snowing off and on all day.

Of course we jumped into the hot tub.

Sounds like you’re right next door to eggman. I guess just next state over. Beautiful country.
Yeap he’s just one state to the East but I’m all the all the way to the left of Tennessee in the northwestern corner where those pesky tornados ran through on the 10th. On a plus side this warmer weather has really helped with the cleanup from the devastation.

F.....ing MN. I'm about to go outside and shovel my driveway. I'd use the snowblower, but it's windy with shifting winds and I'd rather slowly shovel than have snow blowing back in my face.

F.....ing MN. I'm about to go outside and shovel my driveway. I'd use the snowblower, but it's windy with shifting winds and I'd rather slowly shovel than have snow blowing back in my face.
I have lots of family in the Minneapolis area. My mother was born and raised in Anoka. I’ve been up there dozens of times. The spring, summer and fall are beautiful not so much the winters.

Minneapolis: The spring, summer and fall are beautiful not so much the winters.
Winters, here, can be absolutely brutal. Shoveling this morning was the precursor to a heart attack. Under the snow cover was a layer of heavy crusted ice and snow.

Ah, the good old days. Worked at MSP for a couple of years in the early 80's. Talk about brutal. I remember being in the lift bucket of the deicing truck blowing snow off the elevators on the 727s and DC9s. Blowing snow and deicing fluid hitting me in the face, ears getting frostbite, icicles in the mustache. Don't miss it one damn bit, lol.

After an evening and partial night of fine snow being blown sideways by a wind eager to knife the foolish storm walker in the neck…we have been left with only 3” on the flats. Roads are clear where vehicles are driving but very treacherous on side streets. Supposed to warm up for a partial thawing this afternoon…then a refreeze overnight. And again…and again…and again for 3 - 4 more days. So instead if snow which can provide pretty fair traction we’re left with a solid sheet of skating rink smooth ice. Very nasty driving situation. Pretty typical for a sneaky little storm like this one. Bitch, bitch, bitch.