SNUS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxman

Reaction score
I enjoy a multitude of tobacco products, pipe, cigar, snuff and snus. They all have their time and place in my schedule.
I am particularly in to popping a snus pouch into my lip when out and about or when I don't feel the urge to smoke.
I have a stash of different snus in a sealed box in the fridge at home with 2 or 3 in my work bag at all times.
In Europe it is illegal to sell snus in most countries except Sweden who managed to get an exemption back in the day. It is however, ok to order from Sweden for delivery in the UK, so I tend to order a bunch whenever I head back to Blighty.
Tried a few US versions but never enjoyed them much, perhaps without experience chose the wrong ones?
Last year I ordered one tin of a Moroccan version called Makla, looks like drain sludge but has a he'll of a nic kick, only required once in a while!
How many of our brothers enjoy a pouch or dip?

I am currently enjoying a Thunder wintergreen pouch....

I occasionally buy a tin of General Snus, which is widely available here in the U.S. I think it's Swedish, right? Great stuff for "sneaking" tobacco in places where it isn't allowed. Unfortunately I'm incredibly sensitive to dip snuff in any form, the hit making me feel odd and slightly ill. It isn't very pleasant, unlike a good pipe or cigar hit. Feels quite different. Guess I'm just a wuss. Or maybe it's just that I don't do it enough. I was once quite addicted to the Copenhagen dip snuff we have here in the states. Harder to quit than cigarettes. Way harder.

Photo of me being told I can't smoke in a bar:

[Joke]

Great picture, thanks for sharing. So, that's you from last year...lol

Nothing like puking up SKOAL

Oxman, not to get off the subject but I thought you should know, if you don't already.....we have another member of the BoB that lives in Blighty. He's Stick......heck of a nice guy  :cheers:

KEEP ON SNUSING!!!
'Twas never for me

Richard Burley":9zjzgid0 said:
I occasionally buy a tin of General Snus, which is widely available here in the U.S. I think it's Swedish, right? Great stuff for "sneaking" tobacco in places where it isn't allowed. Unfortunately I'm incredibly sensitive to dip snuff in any form, the hit making me feel odd and slightly ill. It isn't very pleasant, unlike a good pipe or cigar hit. Feels quite different. Guess I'm just a wuss. Or maybe it's just that I don't do it enough. I was once quite addicted to the Copenhagen dip snuff we have here in the states. Harder to quit than cigarettes. Way harder.

Yup - sneaking a nic hit on a plane etc is certainly a bonus!

I have also had that heavy nic hit from strong snus products but there are all sorts of strengths available. I started on the weak ones and am now craving the stronger versions - i guess i am getting more addicted to the nic !

Lonecoyote":zdvxossh said:
Oxman, not to get off the subject but I thought you should know, if you don't already.....we have another member of the BoB that lives in Blighty. He's Stick......heck of a nice guy  :cheers:
Thanks for that, yes i know Stick, we have been brothers on here for several years!

I actually now live in Tanzania but go back to blighty a couple of times a year to see my kids.

Oxman":v910t7pq said:
Lonecoyote":v910t7pq said:
Thanks for that, yes i know Stick, we have been brothers on here for several years!

I actually now live in Tanzania but go back to blighty a couple of times a year to see my kids.
Thanks LC!

I must say it was a lovely to see Brenden posting again.

Welcome home mate! (To the BoB!).

Its good to see you back here Oxman, i remember reading some very good and interesting posts from you back in 15 before i put the pipe down.

I have been off the pipe the last few years, and gone from here as well.
Mostly been using snus, either loose or pouch. I mostly stick to "The Lab" 06 and General loose, 06 can only be found in Norway, as far as i know its developed by Skruf for the Norwegian market.
And yes, snus is also legal for sale in Norway :D Some types of snus is also allowed in Denmark, even though its in pouches some manufacturers label it as chewing tobacco to circumvent the law.

I got into snus a few years ago for no smoking situations. I've had a bunch of different brands from Sweden but by far my favorite has been Skruf Xtra Strong. They aren't lying when they say extra strong, I wouldn't put one in on an empty stomach! I'm not great at explaining taste notes, but a heavy, dark flavor, "tin" smells of fermenting fruit. General's Mackmyra is a close second. Not as strong a hit as the Skruf but pretty decent. After trying "real" Swedish snus the American stuff pales in comparison.

Skruf is solid stuff. If you're chasing a nic hit, I always that Oden's Strong was a bit of a powerhouse (and tastes kind of like jalapenos - not spicy, but the actual flavor of the pepper's flesh).