So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslots

Reaction score
Does anyone care to venture a guess on how many pounds of tobacco that JimInks turns to dottle every year?

Brewdude":i9kqw3dv said:
Jim's in a class all by himself.....

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR
That's an understatement.

I can only aspire to being able to enjoy that much pipe tobacco each day. What a life!. Ahh, the perks of a home office. :)

tslots":2p28bqeb said:
Does anyone care to venture a guess on how many pounds of tobacco that JimInks turns to dottle every year?
Why ? :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":21vhlm3l said:
tslots":21vhlm3l said:
After 7 or more years of roaming around forums I'm still wondering why anyone cares who's smoking what. :scratch:

Well, he is thorough, and seems the King of Serial Tobacco Killers. He provides a public service through his reviews, which tend to be very solid. Were I to venture a guess, I'd say he does his part. Jim, I haven't had the pleasure, but thank you. I do enjoy reading your assessments of different blends, and they have provided insight.

Lesath":yv2cakzl said:
Well, he is thorough, and seems the King of Serial Tobacco Killers. He provides a public service through his reviews, which tend to be very solid.  Were I to venture a guess, I'd say he does his part.  Jim, I haven't had the pleasure, but thank you.  I do enjoy reading your assessments of different blends, and they have provided insight.    
Thank you for the very kind words. To answer the dottle question, I'm a fairly dry smoker, so I usually have very little to no dottle when I finish a bowl. When I do have a little, I loosen it up and try to finish it. I got that habit started back in the '70s when money was hard to come by, and I didn't want to waste tobacco. I did try smoking dottle the next day like Sherlock Holmes did in the books when I was 14, but that lasted about 15 minutes. Yuck!

RR[/quote]

That's an understatement.

I can only aspire to being able to enjoy that much pipe tobacco each day. What a life!. Ahh, the perks of a home office. :) [/quote]

I agree. Furthermore, I can't even begin to imagine what his pipe rack looks like. I find myself googling some of the pipes and blends he lists. And my GF says I have a problem with the number of pipes I have lol. I have also found that his reviews are very insightful and have been helpful to me, thanks Jim

Cartaphilus":x80rp1nb said:
monbla256":x80rp1nb said:
tslots":x80rp1nb said:
After 7 or more years of roaming around forums I'm still wondering why anyone cares who's smoking what. :scratch:
Well, for me, when I see someone who posts at least somewhat often smoking blends I like and then they add one I haven't tried and am interested in, I can ask what they think of it. I've done so more than a few times, and others have asked me for, I presume, similar reasons

I consider Jim's posts and reviews more reliable than most of what's on Tobacco Reviews these days. The man is a tobacco encyclopedia!

Also, What Are You Smoking Now is a terrific source to investigate the tastes of a potential bombing target. :twisted:

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be a Arse hole although I'm presumed to be anyway.
I just haven't any curiosity in what the other guy is smoking nor do I care.
I have a couple of blends I enjoy and that's all I need or matters. Just seems like a lot
of people haven't anything else to do then to post what there smoking umpteen times a day.

Now if I meet a person and he's smoking a pipe (like that would ever happen in this day an age :fpalm: ), as a conversation starter I would ask him what he's smoking and carry on from there but, that's about it sirs. ;)

Cartaphilus":t5rfntle said:
I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be a Arse hole although I'm presumed to be anyway.
I just haven't any curiosity in what the other guy is smoking nor do I care.
I have a couple of blends I enjoy and that's all I need or matters. Just seems like a lot
of people haven't anything else to do then to post what there smoking umpteen times a day.

Now if I meet a person and he's smoking a pipe (like that would ever happen in this day an age :fpalm: ), as a conversation starter I would ask him what he's smoking and carry on from there but, that's about it sirs. ;)
Never thought that of you, Cart! I was just answering your reasonable question. :D

Well, regardless of Cart's disdain for others posting proclivity,  I look forward to Jim's daily smoking lineup.   He's like the heartbeat of the What are you Smoking thread.    I also enjoy his reviews on TR.

Keep it up sir ... you are an asset to the community.   :star: :star: :star:

tslots":ds8yypa0 said:
Well, regardless of Cart's disdain for others posting proclivity,  I look forward to Jim's daily smoking lineup.   He's like the heartbeat of the What are you Smoking thread.    I also enjoy his reviews on TR.

I never said I didn't approve of it in anyway, just didn't understand why people do it.
Further more I like Jim and we've had personal conversations on several occasions.
My comment about "what a waste" was just giving Jim a hard time, whether he knew it or not. ;)
I have always looked forward to Jim's reviews and have found a few good blends that agree with me from them. Nuf said!

Cartaphilus":tl76cyrh said:
tslots":tl76cyrh said:

I never said I didn't approve of it in anyway, just didn't understand why people do it.
Further more I like Jim and we've had personal conversations on several occasions.
My comment about "what a waste" was just giving Jim a hard time, whether he knew it or not. ;)
I have always looked forward to Jim's reviews and have found a few good blends that agree with me from them. Nuf said!
I knew you were kidding with me. Never gave it a second thought. That's just your sense of humor.

JimInks":bl14w7nb said:
Cartaphilus":bl14w7nb said:
tslots":bl14w7nb said:

I knew you were kidding with me. Never gave it a second thought. That's just your sense of humor.
My sense of humor.......hmm....okay!

Cartaphilus":dg2ek3fl said:
JimInks":dg2ek3fl said:
Cartaphilus":dg2ek3fl said:
tslots":dg2ek3fl said:

My sense of humor.......hmm....okay!
Well, giving a friend a hard time is a form of humor, depending upon the person, of course. We've talked enough that I didn't think you meant anything toward me. But I have to admit I've never thought about how much I smoke as long as I can smoke! However, on another forum, a friend posted a spread sheet detailing what blends and the number of times I smoked them in January. I couldn't believe anybody would do that much work (I'm too lazy), and the results surprised me. Not sure it's good form to post the link, but if Mister E says it is okay, I will do it.

I do appreciate all the kind words, smoke brothers!