So, here is mine:

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
Seems like everyone has their horror story, complaint, rant... etc, about the USPS, so it's my turn! Strap in and get ready for the ride!

Let me first say that the majority of packages sent to me from within the US get to me within 2-4 business days.

I purchased a Kaywoodie Regent (imagine that!) from an auction on eBay. I got a heck-of-a deal on it too. I was stoked because it needed some work and I needed that shape for my collection. I purchased said item on September 24th and paid same day. On September 25th the tracking code was posted. So I was happy and went about my business.

On the 30th, I thought it seemed like it had been a long time since I purchased it. Checked out the tracking code and it said estimated delivery October 4th. I figured that was an odd amount of time for a normal package but whatever. It was coming from Brooklyn. No big deal. BUT I also noticed that the package hadn't left it's original facility. Very odd but it wasn't the 4th, so I wasn't worried.

The 4th comes, no package. Package is listed as departed from original facility on the 30th but doesn't show up again. Wicked weird. I end up getting busy and forget to do anything.

On the 6th, still no package. I contact the seller with a message and ask for them to contact their PO to see what the deal is. They reply that they will.

On the 7th, BOOM, it says it's out for delivery in town. Well, isn't that magical?! Later that day, it says it has been delivered and I can't wait to get home and pop the package open. Get home, no package in the mailbox or on the front porch. I think to myself, well maybe the wifey already got the mail. SO I go in, looking around, no package. Wifey wakes up (she sleeps during the day because she works third shift) I ask if she got anything from the mail or if there was a package delivered. Nope, she hasn't touched the mail and no packages were delivered.

Hmmmm, odd. On the 8th, I go into my local PO with the tracking code. I speak with the lady, she tells me there is nothing in the PO for me and that it's odd. She takes the tracking number and information to give to her supervisor who is out for lunch. She tells me that he will call later that day and his name is Zac. I also contact the seller and asked if they contacted their PO, they said that they had been busy the last couple days, then saw it was delivered, so they didn't. Great.

Alrighty! No call back that day. So I call the PO on the 9th and ask for Zac. Well, he has no file or information that I had given them the day before. So I give him all the same information and he says to hold and he will do geo-tracking. Saweet! Let's find out where this puppy is! He gets back on the line and says that it looks as though it was delivered to the wrong house. He is going to contact the driver and hopefully get the package back for me that day and call me back that afternoon.

No call back on Friday. So I call during the short hours they are open on Saturday and Zac isn;t there and the other lady wanted to start from scratch. I told them I would call back. Of course, it's freakin' Columbus Day on Monday and the PO is closed.

Call Tuesday (13th), Zac is off. Of course.

Call Wednesday (14th), Zac is back. He tells me that he didn't call me back because it says in his system the my file was closed, so he thought I got my package. WTF?! No, I haven't got my package and I'm pissed, mister! He reopens the file and tells me that they spoke to the driver and the driver admitted to scanning her packages ahead of time instead of at each location she delivers the package to, which is against protocol. This just keeps getting better and better!

What he said they would do is talk to the driver again and make letters that tell people about the missing package. They will deliver them to each of the houses in my neighborhood, so that whoever received it might give it back.

On Friday (16th) the wife and I were unloading firewood from her car that we had just cut at our flip house. As we are unloading it. The USPS driver actually pulled up to our corner and had the audacity to ask if we had received two packages last week (I had purchased another item that did actually arrive). We told her we had only received one. She says, "Oh, I was positive that I did." We just shook our heads "no". She then told us about the letters and hopefully it would turn up. I was livid.

I wanted to let the letters circulate to see if anything would come up but I didn't hear back from them. So I called yesterday (21st) and Zac was "out for lunch", so I asked when he would be back. The lady told me a couple hours. Damn, that's a nice long lunch.

Called this morning, finally got Zac on the phone. He said nothing had turned up. At this point the PO was liable for the lost package and that I could get a refund. I just need to bring my invoice to the PO tomorrow.

Now I'm really pissed. I was so happy I got a GREAT freakin' deal and it's all for nothing. All the time it was in Brooklyn and then mysteriously pops back up in my town. Then gets miss-delivered. Then my file was closed. Just one thing after another...

Besides all of the PO's mistakes, who the heck keeps another person's package?! If it was miss-delivered and the address is local, I just pop it back in my mailbox with the flag up. If it's addressed to my address with a different name on it, I write "return to sender" and pop it back in the mailbox with the flag up. GRRRRRRRRR!

Ok, I'm done.

I freak out for WAY less than that! I'm sorry K, I know how monumental that pipe was for you.

It definitely seems the USPS has been falling off the horse a lot more frequently recently. I don't know when it changed, but Priority used to be pretty reliably delivered within 2-3 days throughout the US. I've noticed over the past year it seems delivery times are just inconsistent, even with for the same location.

We don't have a (insert favorite thing that gets blamed) problem in this country, we have a moral problem in this country.  

If you sign on to do a job do it like your Momma is watching you.. If you find something on the sidewalk burst your butt to return it to the rightful owner.  If it shows up on your porch or in your mailbox but it isn't addressed to you it's not 'free' it's stealing.

Nismo, they raised the rates on those flat rates too. I was shocked. It had been awhile since I mailed anything. I went in a couple months back and the medium box that used to be like $8 was $13 or some such. At that rate I might as well send it UPS so it gets there.

USPS screwed the pooch on a delivery to me a few months ago. Turns out it ended up in their "recovery center" as undeliverable, but no reason why. I had to file 2 reports with their consumer affairs dept, and am told it may take 6 weeks to get a reply.

So why is it "undeliverable" if it has the tracking code on it? Either return it to the sender or to me!?

I think that the package got squished by them and that they are now liable for the contents.

I've had a few mis-deliveries, and googled the address and personally delivered it to the rightful owner. 

Sorry to hear about your situation Kaitlyn.Hope you get satisfaction!

Cheers,

RR

puros_bran":82r9hegq said:
We don't have a (insert favorite thing that gets blamed) problem in this country, we have a moral problem in this country.  

If you sign on to do a job do it like your Momma is watching you.. If you find something on the sidewalk burst your butt to return it to the rightful owner.  If it shows up on your porch or in your mailbox but it isn't addressed to you it's not 'free' it's stealing.

Nismo, they raised the rates on those flat rates too.  I was shocked. It had been awhile since I mailed anything. I went in a couple months back and the medium box that used to be like $8 was $13 or some such.  At that rate I might as well send it UPS so it gets there.
Agreed on all counts PB. I'm still trying to find out who that tamper belongs to! I rarely use their flat rate boxes anymore (exception being the small flat rate box) unless it's something really, really heavy. When I get them, I try to use their "Regional Rate" boxes, but you can't hardly find them in a post office anymore. You have to order them off their website. Sure, they're free and all, but you have to order a minimum of 10 boxes of whatever size you want. Now that I think about it, the only priority boxes they keep in stock at the post office are their flat rate ones. You have to order the non-flat rate boxes off the website too... :evil:

Ack, K, that stinks. Nothing worse than getting messed around by a shabby service and that episode sounds particularly poor. :no:

Kaitlyn, unfortunately pipes have a reputation with the general public, of being potential high value items. Similar to coins or stamps, because of their potential collectability. Take someone with no ethics who gets a pipe delivered to their door by mistake, by the time they discover it's actual value, they are afraid to return it to it's rightful owner.

Hopefully the thief will decide to place it on your doorstep in the middle of the night, and slither away.

1) So, what did you do to piss God off? I'm thinkin' that's gotta be it.

2) How bout we sacrifice a couple of postal workers in a corn maze or something festive like that. It won't get you yer package back, but it feels so good. And hey! There's popcorn!

3) And where do y'all think the phrase, "going postal" came from? This is not a new thing. The internet just allows more of us to know about more events so if SEEMS like it's getting worse.

4) It's your own dang fault. You should know Murphy's Law #63:  the more time spent worrying a problem creates directed negative energy focused so as to exacerbate the problem in direct proportion to the amount of worry.

Pick one of the above to focus on for the rest of the day.  Added to the rest of your worries you'll be on Prozac sooner...and that way it will speed your recovery.

Have a nice day!  :fpalm:

Oh my Lord, I have 3 items in the Postal system right now. That corn maze is really starting to sound good right now.

They lost a peace pipe I made for someone I guess, it's been getting delivered for about three months now. A story similar to yours, round and round. And the wife's rollin' 'baccy shipment was allegedly delivered but was a no show. And a fellow Brother on here has done the postal dance with me as well twice in a row, isn't that right?

Very discouraging to say the least... Best of luck on actually getting your package!

That sucks, plain & simple ..... some people now-a-days just don't care. It seems you found a couple of them, the USPS driver who can't deliver the mail to the correct address & the person who'd keep something delivered to them in error. I hope they make proper restitution for their error & then pipe shows up after that person gets a conscience!

UPDATE: I went and saw the postmaster and she refunded me the total for the item. She did apologize and said blatantly that it was their fault. It made me feel a little better. I'm just so bummed I lost a great deal.

Plus, whoever kept the pipe can enjoy the freakin' hole the stem too! HAHA, suckers! Take that!

kaitlyn3837":4njc0kmn said:
UPDATE: I went and saw the postmaster and she refunded me the total for the item. She did apologize and said blatantly that it was their fault. It made me feel a little better. I'm just so bummed I lost a great deal.

Plus, whoever kept the pipe can enjoy the freakin' hole the stem too! HAHA, suckers! Take that!
I've come to realize that things ALWAYS work out , just not always the way we want. I'm glad the PM was upfront enough to admit whose fault it was and give you an apology and refunded your $s  :twisted: :twisted: