So what is everyone doing about their snuff supply?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
With all of the online snuff suppliers closing shop (or moving out of the country), what is everyone doing about their snuff supply.

I am figuring out an order but don't want to act rashly if there is a better alternative.

None of my B&M's carry any of my favorite brands and I have become too fond :affraid: of this to quit now!!

I had an e-mail from my supplier today,he said he's dropping nasal snuff after next month
because of onerous federal red tape.
O.K. then,here's what I'll do.......have it sent over from the U.K. by friends I have over there
with whom I trade tobaccos sometimes.No B.S. with credit cards and customs and anal government
regulations.
There are many forum members who live in U.K. and you will find one that can help you,and you
can provide them with stuff they can't buy over there....one hand washes the other and with two
hands you wash your face.

Winslow :sunny:

Fortunately my local B & M is pretty much a snuff warehouse. The owner claims that they have the largest selection in MD and possibly the largest on the East Coast. I can't think of any snuff off hand that they DON'T have, so I am set!

-Scott

Big ditto for Nicotine Rush.

Ordering straight from Toque in the UK has also always gone fine for me. ~1 business week, not bad at all!

Winslow":wohwqk2y said:
http://www.snuffstore.co.uk/ I just got a huge shipment from these people,12 days from order to delivery.
I can vouch for them.

Winslow
Winslow, good to know! Thanks for testing the system. :cheers: :cheers:

Now to check if they have what I want in the quantity I order. Others I checked only stock it in the 10g sizes which are good for about 1 snuff! :lol:

Nowadays it's easier to order from England than the U.S.A.,WTF!But on the bright side,there are many
fine snuffs that were never available to us here.
Just got some McChrystals SP,J&H Wilson Medicated #99...to name several.Good stuff!

Winslow

pipe dreamer":u9nq9hiz said:
Who is best for large orders ie:lb or kilo. tubs?
If you like Toque, order straight from them. Otherwise, I go to Nicotine Rush and/or Mr. Snuff.

Ordered 400gms.Toque S,nuff and 400 misc. from Mr. Snuff.A load of Snus Berry Thunder From swedish Snus.A bunch of 10gm pkg from Snuff store.Spread it out to the good guys that came highly recomended.

I'm no longer so desperate that I have to pulverize flakes. I just moved to Winston-Salem, NC- the tobacco shop down the road sells an assortment of dry snuff. It's labeled as though it's an orally administered tobacco, but it is as finely ground as any I've seen and dry as a bone. Very, very good.

I still miss my High Dry Toast.

Yessir, Scotch snuff. Good stuff indeed - cheap too. Never heard of it before, but I definitely like it.

So did this turn out to be not as bad as was thought? I wonder if the retailers that closed their doors were banking of tax evaders and not pipers/snuffers.

I just ordered my first snuffs ever from www.snuffstore.co.uk I was pretty pleased.

I was at Just For Him in Springfield, Missouri earlier this week. They still had a few tins of WoS left. I bought 8 tins. They probably had about 20 left. Mainly Best SP and Irish High Toast #22. They told me when it's gone they will only be able to restock from what is already warehoused in this country. And there is very little of that.

I have opened an account at MrSnuff. Looks like they are going to be about the only option for those of us on this side of the pond.

scottbtdmb":qoo3gthr said:
Fortunately my local B & M is pretty much a snuff warehouse. The owner claims that they have the largest selection in MD and possibly the largest on the East Coast. I can't think of any snuff off hand that they DON'T have, so I am set!

-Scott
Scott - I was at Main Street Cigars last week and was very impressed by their stock of snuff. They have a lot of little containers, but also something I've never seen (or at least noticed) anywhere else: big apothecary type jars full of the good stuff so you can buy a small quantity in a pill box.

hp
les