So what kind of pipe guy are you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being tied down to any one maker, I do have to say there's a basket pipe at the Tinder Box that is real nice. It has some amazing grain and a real palindromic grain pattern down the middle. Drilled like a champ (that I can tell) The one thing is, I hate the stem shape. They've been getting some real honeys of basket pipes lately. :|

8)

I guess I'm a classic English guy... Mostly Dunhills and Ashton's... I also love the Pesaro school and my Ser Jacopo pipes... And a bit of Danish...

I'm an MM cob guy as well ;)

Did almost all of my pipe aquisitions btwn 1969 - 1985 and a few here recently in the past year. Not really one "brand" in particular but I was partial to Charatan's, BBB's, and Savanelli's with some Peterson's, GBD's as well as several Edward's and S&R's . Mostly classical shapes, predominatly buldogs/rhodesians and pots. Have a few Meer's as well but have never been a big fan of cobs, just didn't like their looks. :p

I started off as a Savinelli guy. Loved my chunky Italians and dreamt of a Castello.
When I started smoking on the way to work, I became enamored with smaller, more graceful designs than many of the Italians care to muster. I started checking out old Copenhagen Era Larsen pipes and sort of fell in love with the Danes from there.

My First Shape Love was for the Poker, and that's still there, but I am digging Bulldog and Rhodesian variants more and more now.

I used to only go smooth finishes, but find myself liking blasts more now.

Im a full bent pipe guy. I have a few Savinelli 614s . I have a few petersons as well, Then I have two GBDs. They all have some age on them for they were estate pipes. I like them all, but I will say this the older GBD is a very nice smoke, Probably my favorate.

Rob in MO you go man. Us bent pipe guys got to stick together. This is my little stable.

IMG294.jpg

Plumb,

Very nice but my favorite is that sandblasted Oom Paul with the horn mount that's in the front... Savinelli? It's very handsome and looks like it has a very comfortably cut bit

s.irland yes shes savinelli 9604 nonpareil, has some age on her but a real nice smoke. beep 7/8 diameter bowl
IMG295.jpg

That's a beaut for a fact! I don't very often envy anyone a pipe but that ones got my envy up.