So you think you can carve?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Next Step for the Photorealism crowd (paintings that look like photos).

Very cool.

100% skill, technique, and patience, though, not artistry in the usual sense of the world. Nothing new has been brought into existence, just something that was already there replicated in non-original materials.

Give the guy a block of briar and I bet he could give Trever Talbert a run for his money come Halloween time.

if you can carve your own money, do you really need to carve anything else?

you know, his momma said money don't grow on trees--but he was a contrary sort.

The woodworking is incredible and the painting is just outer worldly - bet you this guy can do a hell of a job just pissing in the snow...

gandalfpc":f7zqib3z said:
The woodworking is incredible and the painting is just outer worldly - bet you this guy can do a hell of a job just pissing in the snow...
Actually, pissing in the snow with wood is very...um...hard. I know. I'm a horny Canuck.

LL":hxttj2q4 said:
100% skill, technique, and patience, though, not artistry in the usual sense of the world. Nothing new has been brought into existence, just something that was already there replicated in non-original materials.
Well, you can say that about a lot of art. A ton of subjects were already "there" before artists painted or sculpted them in non-original materials. :twisted:

Rad

beaupipe":vhr8pm7h said:
Actually, pissing in the snow with wood is very...um...hard. I know. I'm a horny Canuck.
you a funny guy! :cheers:

Rad Davis":nu3oamj1 said:
LL":nu3oamj1 said:
Well, you can say that about a lot of art. A ton of subjects were already "there" before artists painted or sculpted them in non-original materials. :twisted:
No argument there. I still think that makes such things a matter of skill and technique, though, not artistry.

I think I just have a tighter definition than most concerning what constitutes an artist, is all. (Creation of something that's never been seen/heard/etc before = yes; replication of a pre-existing thing (no matter how skillfully done) = no)