• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD RDPipes Large Blasted Billiard (2/3/22)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
After having smoked the last one I made and having several inquiries I decided to make another.
As always you can view more photos and the particulars on my website and thank you all for your
constant support and patronage.
DSC01154.JPG
DSC01148.JPG

As always, Thank you Gentlemen you're all so very kind!
LiftHat.gif

This is probably the last pipe I make so if one wants one of my pipes this is the time to get one.
I'm quitting smoking altogether and I can't make them and not crave them at the same time so............

What????? Quitting smoking your pipe!!!!! What will the "Escudo" world do without you??? Say it ain't so, Ron!!!! FTRPLT
Nope, I'm quitting smoking and making pipes sir. Trust me, no loss will be felt when it's all over.

I missed this. That's a nice one. Anything that reminds me of a 120 piques my interest. I haven't been in the position to buy one of your pipes, but I had my hopes that would change. Sorry to hear you're leaving the craft.

This makes me very sad indeed. It’s like Pavarotti announced he would never sing again.
I would like nothing more then to continue making pipes but, quitting smoking and the making of pipes has to come to an end.
I always knew it was, it was just when was the question.

I'm sorry but, Artisan my rear end! I made a decent pipe most the time.
Never really knew what color combination I was using because I'm stinking colorblind
and out of the hundreds of pipes I made only a handful even pleased me.
I guarantee you ask any accomplished pipe maker and he'll (or she'll) tell ya that I
was a accomplished turd maker at best that got lucky ever so often.

Ron, I sincerely cannot understand why you degrade and undervalue your work. Certainly you have seen the joy and pleasure you have brought to many with your creations. That there hasn't been even a single solitary criticism from anyone that I'm aware of must speak volumes.

Your shaping clearly shows how well you've grasped the basic shapes and have excelled in several of them with the bent Bulldog being your signature. Your sandblasting technique is second to none, and despite your color blindness you have consistently created a color contrast that is pleasing to the eye. Your attention to detail is well in evidence on engineering, fit, mouthpiece, and so much more.

Don't sell yourself short brother. You have a talent. But then again I'm biased. I only have 7 of your creations.

Cheers,

RR

Ron, I sincerely cannot understand why you degrade and undervalue your work. Certainly you have seen the joy and pleasure you have brought to many with your creations. That there hasn't been even a single solitary criticism from anyone that I'm aware of must speak volumes.

Your shaping clearly shows how well you've grasped the basic shapes and have excelled in several of them with the bent Bulldog being your signature. Your sandblasting technique is second to none, and despite your color blindness you have consistently created a color contrast that is pleasing to the eye. Your attention to detail is well in evidence on engineering, fit, mouthpiece, and so much more.

Don't sell yourself short brother. You have a talent. But then again I'm biased. I only have 7 of your creations.

Cheers,

RR
Rande, You know I've never really like anything I've done to the point I could compare it to someone who really does do a nice pipe.
Obviously I think there worth something otherwise I wouldn't sell them for the price I'm getting for them. But, I never seemed to reach
where I wanted to be as a pipe maker and maybe this whole thing of giving it up has given me a little sour grapes. I really would like to
keep making pipes and smoking them but, I can't and be the person I suppose to be. And that sorta peeves me off, all the time, money,
etc. just all seems like a waste now. But, I can't turn back, forward is the direction I must go, I hope it leads to something great.