• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
I had this one on Ebay for a while with no takers, which surprised me.  It's tapered stem cousin, the 284 is a highly coveted shape and even the 2nds line versions bring big bucks.  I've only seen two of this 286 model and till I found this one, I didn't know it existed (it is not in any Comoy's catalog or shape listing that I can find)

$59 Delivered to the CONUS (net) via USPS 1st Class

Cosmetically, it's has some issues but the bowl and stem are solid as a rock.  It deserved be be smoked!  I gave the pipe an inaugural smoke and had zero issues, it smoked great. (then recleaned)

This is also listed elsewhere.

That's a sharp one...and it has one of those extra stages, or steps, of tenon that I find curious and believe started a thread to research (can't find it right now, so maybe it is buried in another thread). There's a Charatan Supreme on eBay right now with one of these tenons. But yes, this is a sharp pipe.

I don't know the era where they use that metal-reinforced Tenon, but I suspect it was earlier