Some arrows are boring...some are not.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just bought two six packs of carbon arrows for my growing hobby.  I went to two different vendors since no one vendor had the two color schemes (called red, green & orange) I wanted.  

The big things about this line, made by Black Eagle, are the wood look finish on the shaft, the hand painted custom fletching area and the fact that they’re 34” long...making them the longest regular production arrows so far as I know.  But I had mine trimmed to 31.5” so length wasn’t the selling point for me.  Aside from the fact that these are made by a mainstream highly respected company I just thought the paint job had a totally custom look.  Loved it.  Had to have it.  

I bought the red and the green versions.  

Well, I like ‘em anyway.

This is the orange scheme that I didn’t buy...yet.  lol

Nice looking arrows. I agree the paint work on shafts really makes them stand out.

Yeah, I wouldn’t use those on a Zombie.

Hey!  Have you ever seen these?  Electric glowing nocks!  I watched a bear hunting vid on uTube where the arrow had one of these and jeez, you could see it deep in the undergrowth glowing brightly, at dusk, like a lighthouse.  Amazing.  

Never seen those nocks. Great idea I suppose.

Custom arrows. My good friend Lee taught me how he did custom work for us. He had a small shop, and as long as you had the time to wait. He would make arrows in the evenings. He was a fan of the Bitzenburger fletcher. That's what I used later on. But they all work well. Lee painted arrows. Sometimes just simple color rings. Other times dipped and multiple color bands. The trick to getting good bright colors was always dip them in white first. Then whatever color you used after, just popped. He got paints from the supply houses, so I don't know what might be special about it. He used his cut-off tool as a lathe, which would give you nice perfect rings and bands. Lee stored his paint for dipping in golf tubes. Which worked well.

Now I see they have wraps for arrows. Guess I should not be surprised. They have wraps for cars and trucks. Why not arrows.

Lee came through Vietnam alright. Had his pancreas try to eat itself alive. Had to take a handful of pills at every meal after that. Then one day when he was my age, he fell down on his bicycle in his driveway and bumped his head on a vehicle. Just a light bump. He was more disgusted than anything. A few hours later his RN wife noticed he was not right. He died a week later.

Sorry, I kinda rambled on there.

The little fireflies (the nocks) make sense in the woods...bushwhacking for a lost $25 arrow...or blood tracking a big boar into dense thickets.  Scary business I’d wager.

The story about your fletcher is interesting.  I could picture him clearly from just your few lines.

At just a few months away from 73 this is the first year I’ve started to be careful doing things...over exerting myself physically, getting up on things that it would be bad to fall from.  Don’t want to whack my head on a cupboard door reaching for a rocks glass or the Monkey Shoulder Scotch and keel over from a slow subdural hematoma a week later.

:drunken: ... :affraid: ... :scratch: