Some great additions to my collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olfacty

Reaction score
These were all picked up from a craigslist post.

pipefind0912-33.jpg

-Willmer Hand Made with brass crown (no grade marking)
-Unmarked Freehand Egg
-Willmer Straight Grain AAAA
-Fiamma Di Re 3 Crowns
-Larsen Copenhagen Era Freehand

pipefind0912-35.jpg

I know very little about these german/swiss vintage pipes. They will most likely be placed on ebay.
-Incredible carved pipe with no markings. Wood, Briar and Antler
-Small pipe from Switzerland with metal deer. No markings probably Bru-Bu
-West German pipe with elk and carved bone/antler, flex shank.

The only bummer in the whole deal was that when I asked about the pipes that were actually smoked. I was told that the "old smoked pipes and tobacco were discarded". They said they did not think there was any value in the used items and old tobacco. :confused:

And on this eipsode of "Pipe Flippers..." :lol: :scratch:

Just so it doesn't come as a surprise later, we have 30 day membership/30 post minimum requirement to advertise things for sale. In case that was the next thing in mind. Not saying it was but... it's the Internet, you see.

You have no intentions of smoking/keeping these yourself, huh?

Your first post burst on the scene with a Craigslist find, then mentioned they were destined for eBay...Neither myself or others know nothing about your lurking (hence, why it's lurking)...I mean, if I knew ya, I'd say, "Hey, cool find, sir." Unfortunately, some people view pipes as simply a sales commodity and it's "bonus points" for a "score." Pipes are a little more to me...as is this place.

Yep, it's a place for pipes, just making sure you're keepin' it real. :) If you are, well then... welcome! You've been lurking for years? Cool! Enjoy the forum.

8)

An excellent find. :cheers: They all look minty and new. Did you clean these yourself?

It's a damned shame that Willmer pipes aren't more respected than they are. The ones that I've seen and owned have been excellent smokers with fantastic grain yet they have such little resale value. I've never heard of anyone collecting these pipes exclusively but someone probably should as they almost always go for a song. There's your "stock tip" o' the day :lol:

No cleaning was needed. They all came shiny and unsmoked. I look forward to breaking them in.

3 still had the original shop stickers on the stems.

I had a couple of rusticated Willmer "Hand Carved" that had no grade markings. Perhaps none of the "Hand whatever" pipes did. There's not a lot of information out there about non A-series Willmer pipes.

Steve

Thanks for the comments.

Are there any collectors of the German/Swiss pipes on the forums that might be able to provide some more details for me on the second picture?