Some new knives...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
My brother-in-law makes knives.  He got this pair of antlers and they were so perfectly matched he decided a matched pair of knives would be just the ticket.  He made the leather-covered plaque as well; I added the brass plate.  He told me he was making them and sent me some pics and I told him to give me a price when they were finished, which he did, but it was around Christmastime and I had so much going on I forgot about them for a couple days.  When I called him to say I wanted them he said, "Oh man; I sold them yesterday!"  I was pretty bummed out and mad at myself for waiting.  Well, long story short it turned out to be my wife who bought them for me as a gift.  Gotta love a woman like that!

cm1kIfnl.jpg

AM4WKC5l.jpg

He likes to make display stands for his knives; somehow this short chubby shape appealed to me...

onW8rltl.jpg

g9OIpYYl.jpg

I really don't know but I don't think they're particularly good steel; he bought the blades. I bought them mostly to display and just liked the looks. He's my wife's youngest brother and an old hunting buddy but is disabled now. He's very creative and makes a lot of different stuff - jewelry, cool wooden boxes, lamps and bowls out of old lariat ropes, etc. We like his stuff but we also try to help him out now and then.

Idlefellow..if you send me your mailing address via PM I’ll send some good materials your way. I’ve got blades I never used, wood, antler, micarta, brass sheet stock...etc., etc., etc.

I’d be pleased to share.

While I haven't been on in a coons age...I just had to tell you what beautiful work your brother-in-law does. Still enjoying the knives that Blackhorse put together for me...told my son-in-law that I left them to him when I finally leave this earthly plane.

Beautiful knife, oldcajun...your son certainly has talent as well as being a good man.